searching for those 80ies basketball boots/Hi Tops

As far what I've got going, I currently have a right shoe of:

Nike Team Conventions (1984 or 1985):
nike-team-convention-01.jpg

Wearing an all black newer version of that one. The tongue isn't as large, which upsets me. I love doing that thrash look. Wear my conventions, my black skinnies, a Forbidden shirt, and all I want to do is get my King V and play Exodus riffs. :D

Whats this complaining over him posting about shoes? ITS A THREAD ABOUT SHOES FOR FLYING SPAGHETTI MONSTERS SAKE! :lol:

Anyways just bought these bad boys:

20601.jpg

Hummel Stadil Canvas High.
The only difference is that mine have golden rings around the shoelaces and gold lettering.

^ @Notuern: the fact that he only has 4 posts (all of which in this thread), has a shoe avatar, and resurrected an almost 1 year old thread has absolutely nothing to do with it. :loco:
I don't think any of us are mad at him... this is probably one of the best thread bumping troll posts ever. hahaha (much more original than asking for joey presetz) Just funny that's all. :D

Just found this thread by way of google, so I'm bumping it.

I've been wearing hi-tops for many years now. Started with Reebok BB4600 Hi, then a couple pairs of Reebok Ex-o-Fit Hi, and BB4600 again (I think - lost track how many pairs of Reeboks I've had haha). Now I have Reebok Twilight Zone Pumps with that white and lime green colorway. Probably the best shoe I've had, and a constant conversation started with strangers haha. The posts in this thread are funny; some of us just dig shoes, and I'm very into retro-looking hi-tops. The problem is shoes like this are hard to find these days, ESPECIALLY in the size 14 I wear.

I'd love to hear people's thoughts on current models. Reebok doesn't even make the BB4600 Hi anymore (only Mid), and they changed the Ex-o-Fit so it doesn't look as good anymore. I'm not into buying used shoes on Ebay.

Some of the Supra high tops look cool, but are crazy expensive, and somewhat "futuristic" instead of just 80s-esque.