Seeing Sabaton in Atlanta 10/16?

The best picture I got from last night:

The crowd was smaller than I would have liked to have seen it at Jaxx, but for a Monday it was pretty good. (Even Joakim thanked the crowd for coming out on a Monday)

Interesting thing though - Sabaton's bassist (Pär Sundström) had to leave the tour due to a bad knee (know how that feels!). Anyhow, they managed to get a sub that learned the parts to most of the songs in 40 hours! Joakim gave the sub a break (forgot the guy's real name - they kept calling him Brett Michaels :lol:) and Joakim actually played the bass for a few songs.

But overall it was a good show... until some idiots thought it was cool to have a mosh pit :mad:

The crowd was smaller than I would have liked to have seen it at Jaxx, but for a Monday it was pretty good. (Even Joakim thanked the crowd for coming out on a Monday)

Interesting thing though - Sabaton's bassist (Pär Sundström) had to leave the tour due to a bad knee (know how that feels!). Anyhow, they managed to get a sub that learned the parts to most of the songs in 40 hours! Joakim gave the sub a break (forgot the guy's real name - they kept calling him Brett Michaels :lol:) and Joakim actually played the bass for a few songs.

But overall it was a good show... until some idiots thought it was cool to have a mosh pit :mad:

Emil Wigelius I believe is the stand-in bass player. He is also from Falun.

Joakim playing bass was a pretty cool bonus.

Atlanta had a mosh pit as well, but it was fairly well behaved - Glenn gave some good natured shoves to keep guys contained.

Apparently the Atlanta crowd was one of the best of the tour, despite middlin' numbers. :kickass:

My only regret about the show was missing "Ghost Division," one of my favorites from them (I played it on WREKage the night before, in fact). I was outside in back hanging out with friends who were working at Chambers of Horror, and surprisingly didn't hear the show re-start.

Brazen Angel and -- a surprise -- Space Vikings were good as local openers; Mandroid Academy not so much.

Brazen Angel and -- a surprise -- Space Vikings were good as local openers; Mandroid Academy not so much.

Brazen Angel's cover of "Mob Rules" brought the house down. It was a cathartic experience. They are a really fun group of guys who seem to have their collective crap together - if football playoffs don't go well, I'm planning to see them with Queensryche.

Space Vikings just need to clean up their schtick - the Space Opera narrative between songs was disrupted by their pre-set music being in a different order than their singer's memory, but it is so wacky that it works. I liked them, my son liked them - it was all good.

Be fair - Mandroid Academy brought the best looking fans. I think my son got a couple of their numbers to be a babysitter.

The dude in the wife-beater? Yeah.. at least it wasn't as bad as the guys moshing during Blind Guardian. XO

That's the one. His drunk ass should have been tossed out well before Sabaton's set. I'll give the rest of the moshers this much credit - when they weren't slamming into each other they were singing along, and they knew all the words to every song.

That's the one. His drunk ass should have been tossed out well before Sabaton's set. I'll give the rest of the moshers this much credit - when they weren't slamming into each other they were singing along, and they knew all the words to every song.

That one dude was obnoxious as shit. I was half tempted to turn around and slug his ass. Especially if he kept yelling in my ear like that.

I don't know what happened to him after instigating the mosh pit. Did a bouncer finally yank his ass out?

Anyway, as was already mentioned, it was actually a pretty decent turnout, especially for being on a Monday night. And yes, Sabaton did indeed deliver as expected. That was a kick-ass performance. Cool got to chat a little with with a couple of the members outside before splitting for the night.

Since the Brazen Angel guys haven't pimped themselves yet, let me...

they are also performing with Queensryche 11/4 at the Masquerade, and their website has tickets for that show. Support your local metal, and come early - they put on a straight forward good rocking time.

Since the Brazen Angel guys haven't pimped themselves yet, let me...

they are also performing with Queensryche 11/4 at the Masquerade, and their website has tickets for that show. Support your local metal, and come early - they put on a straight forward good rocking time.

The next time I see them will be at the Pathfinder Metalfest. Not a fan of Queensryche so won't go to that show.