Select Waves 8.0 Plug-ins Folder

outbreak525

Jun 15, 2010
I just downloaded Waves Maxx Bass from their website.
And I have it installed, but when I open Cubase 5 it comes up with that message.

I can not find the "Waves 8.0 Plug-ins Folder" they want me to. I found Users>Public>Waves Audio>Plug-in Settings folder but I clicked that and it didn't do anything.

So if anyone knows what the problem is let me know! Thanks!

Alright so basically tech support said I needed to buy more stuff to get their product to work.
They said I needed iLok.
I don't have that.

So, instead of using this plugin, I would like to manually do what Maxx Bass does.

How would I go about MIMICKING the plugin with straight tools like EQ, Compression, etc?

Yeah I just spoke to you. Like many other pro level plugins an iLok is necessary for both Waves demos and full licenses. I would have liked to have helped you out but without an iLok there was little I could do.

Regarding reproducing MaxxBass that's going to be a trick since it's a patented psycho-acoustic process. MaxxBass analyzes low frequencies to create harmonics which are perceived as lower, deeper tones to the human ear.

You can get other plugins (like Waves LoAir) and hardware (the DBX 120 Subharmonic generator comes to mind) that create a lower sub frequency. I'm pretty sure other plugin companies do this as well, however it's possible they will require an iLok or DSP card.

If you decide to pick up an iLok give me a shout.

All the best and good luck,

Tim

Hey Tim, small world huh?

I'll have to pick up an iLok down the road. I'll check out the other VSTs you've mentioned, and thanks for your help.