Self-imposed Misery/What is Your Set-up?

dorian gray

Returning videotapes
Apr 8, 2004
I had the day off so I thought I'd add a 5-disc changer to my 5.1 system. The 5.1, DVD, and tv are all connected. I went through the torture of rewiring the whole goddam thing and suddenly my wife came home from work and decided it looked like shit. Like a true man, I tore it all down. So now I have a 5.1 system sitting in pieces in the corner of my office with no viable way to listen to music. I left the tv and DVD player to fend for themselves.
Do any of you audiophiles have any ideas for me? My siuation is this:
1 big living room with the tv and DVD;
both of those pieces are in an "armoire" (gotta have one of these if you're married) with no room for all my shit;
a smallish office with a couch and computer

I was thinking of setting it up in the office but that leaves the tv with shit sound. Should I find some kind of rack system to put all of it in? Not sure what to do but it might be nice to listen to some music AND utilize the 5.1 for DVDs. I might just kill my wife but she made me cookies.

If you don't have any ideas, let me know what you listen on. I find shit like that interesting.

Dorian: Can you be more specific about what it was exactly that "looked like shit" about your initial set up? Can't make a decision without that little detail.. :Smug:

Get one'uv these babies...

200044BoomBoxv4.jpg

Decadent thats one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen, is that yours...

Haha, I wish. It's some crazy artist/inventor fella who comes up with this shit. Most of his other stuff has to do with toilets though.

^yes. exactly. the setup, although a bit unwieldy, worked fine with just one disc at a time. however, I've had a 5 disc sitting in my closet for a couple years. I missed being able to put it on shuffle and let it go to town.

Mr Samsara said:
Dorian: Can you be more specific about what it was exactly that "looked like shit" about your initial set up? Can't make a decision without that little detail.. :Smug:
well, hard to say. The stuff didn't fit in the armoire to begin with and after i had finished, a dvd player and a 5 disc changer were sitting on top of the darn thing. it looked kinda ridiculous. we try to have the least cluttered house ever and it just didn't go with the look. and my wife just hated it. Does that help?

Decadent: I like the dual padlocks on the fridge.

Shadows Skulk: I like your setup. You probably don't have to move much, eh? Nice.

yo could get a new armoir(Iv never heard that word before but I aume it's just the thing that all the stuff goes in(thats technichal talk))