Sell or not to sell

JCooper

New Metal Member
Jan 23, 2012
Tallahassee Florida
I have a Marshall JCM 2000 DSL 100 I got on a great deal. (200)

I just put brand new JJ tubes in it and it sounds great.

My question would be if I were to sell this amp (Ebay or Craigslist probably) could I make enough money off of it to get something better? Would it be worth the trouble?

I play normally heavier music, really thick saturated stuff but some more casual rock as well.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

I love mine for radio rock and alternative bands. You could definitely turn a profit. If you want a multi-amp setup, keep it. If you just need one, then you need to decide if it is your sound. If not, what are you looking for?

I mean I like the sound, but I've also heard they can be rather unreliable down the road and I don't wanna pay out the ass to keep a dying amp alive ya know?

Sell that bitch to get a 5150. You can definitely turn a profit on it.

I mean I like the sound, but I've also heard they can be rather unreliable down the road and I don't wanna pay out the ass to keep a dying amp alive ya know?

FWIW I got mine in 2001 and I have not once ever had an issue other than needing to replace burned out tubes. Regular upkeep that needs to be had on all tube amps will keep it running just fine. Like I said, it is a great amp to have in a multi-amp setup.

Sell that bitch to get a 5150. You can definitely turn a profit on it.

For rock/metal, the 5150 is definitely a top contender if you are only looking for a one amp setup. I would pick the 5150 over the JCM...but those are my needs and not necessarily yours.

Where are you located? Should be able to throw a rock and hit several of them at any given time on eBay, also check Craigslist. There's literally always somebody selling a 5150 on eBay/CL. Also, check other guitar or recording related forums, like the sevenstring.org forum (their for sale section is the only reason I ever go there...), the for sale section here, etc.