Gotta sell one or two amps - help me! :D

Heabow

More cowbell!
Aug 24, 2011
France
Yup,

Here is the story... I have 5 great guitar amps and I just purchased a Kemper which is a must have in a (home) studio situation and I'm sure will get used a lot. So, I want to sell some of these 5 guys to buy other studio shit.

Except the Engl which I used on stage for a few years and the Marshall which is not recent at all of course (both in perfect working condition tho), all the other amps are really (I mean really) like new. I know my question is very personal, very subjective, and may sound stupid, etc.. but which one(s) would you guys sell among these ones:

EVH 5150 III mini (brand new)
ENGL Savage 120 (brand new tubes in it + flight case)
MARSHALL VS8100
JET CITY 100H (brand new)
PEAVEY 6505 (dead mint condition)

The Marshall isn't worth selling, resale on those is low. I would keep the evh mini, mostly because I'm in love w mine, and the midi integration thats possible is awesome. I'd sell the 6505, only because its not rare and you will at least get some loot for it. Cant speak to the jet city

There are a lot of 5150/6505 and 5153 profiles that's why I'd tend to sell one of these. On the other hand, and maybe because I played the Savage for years, I find myself not using it that much (almost never to be honest).

depends how much cash you need... i would get rid of the 6505 and jet city because those tones can be easily replicated with either the kemper or one of the other amps you have. the evh can as well but that is a nice amp to keep around for live use and low volume recording. whatever you decide, profile the shit out of everything before you sell it :)

That's what you'd like to do man but I don't work with real cabs anymore. That said, I will do my best to do some profiles for sure!! In that case, be sure that I would gladly share 'em here :)

You can always get another 6505 for cheap, so I'd sell that one.
The 8100 is HEAVILY underrated and won't fetch much money, not worth selling it.
The 5153 is extremely versatile and just killer, keep it!
The jet city is nice but not extremely versatile, that one could probably also go since you can always get another one.
The savage is one of the better engls...the 5153 shits all over it though (IMHO).
I'd say keep the 8100, 5153 and savage and sell the jet city and 6505

You can always get another 6505 for cheap, so I'd sell that one.
The 8100 is HEAVILY underrated and won't fetch much money, not worth selling it.
The 5153 is extremely versatile and just killer, keep it!
The jet city is nice but not extremely versatile, that one could probably also go since you can always get another one.
The savage is one of the better engls...the 5153 shits all over it though (IMHO).
I'd say keep the 8100, 5153 and savage and sell the jet city and 6505

It makes sense. I wanted to keep the 6505 because I love it and it's brand new but yeah I can always get another one easily. I don't use the JC that often so it'd not hurt to sell it.

Thanks everyone for your inputs. It's not easy to get rid of great amps especially when you worked hard to buy them :)

I'd get rid of everything but the Savage. There's a billion 5150 III and 5150/6505 profiles on the Kemper that are great, those Marshalls have never done much for me and while the Jet City is a cool amp, there's plenty of profiles in the Soldano rein that could replace it. The Savage is a great amp and aside from commercially available profiles, I haven't heard any that really capture its tone well enough.

yea get rid of the jet city and the 6505. Then as you use the Kemper more and more you'll be able to tell what you use and what you don't.

The Savage is a great amp and aside from commercially available profiles, I haven't heard any that really capture its tone well enough.

Yeah, it is really awesome. Check out Arthur D Engl profiles. He has some very nice profile of the Savage imho.

Not to hijack the thread, but I have the opportunity to snag an ENGL Blackmore. How does it stack up against the Savage?