Sellers Feedback

ahjteam

Anssi Tenhunen
RULES

The main rule is pretty simple:

- Studio/music related gear only (and no pirated stuff)
- Item, location and price must be in the first post, pictures are a plus
- Use the prefix in the beginning of the title like FS (for sale) FT (for trade) FS/FT (for sale or trade) WTB (want to buy) JOB (job offer)
- This is a community based forum where most of the actives know eachother, and if you have a low post count, we most likely don't
think you might be a reliable guy

JOB OFFERS

- NO anonymous clients. period.
- Offers as employer must include clear description of who is the client and what is wanted (recording, reamping, mixing, mastering, webdesign etc). See example
- Job offers as employee must include a short portfolio of previous works. See example
- Job offers for audio processing must have a specimen of the music in question, preferrably in multitrack format. It doesn't have to be final material, for example The Empire Shall Fall gave multitracks of a demoversion of their song. Myspace-link or similiar for previous material is okay too if you can't distribute the material.

FEEDBACK

As there is no feedback system, so if you bought something from someone from this subforum, submit the link of the original sales thread and post your feedback to this thread and saving the forum from scammers and making this a better marketplace.

good idea man, however the 100 post rule? i mean i know i just used to read here for like a year and a half before i said anything, does that make me less reliable? and i reckon some people i just gonna leave pointless comments to get their post count up.....i dunno

+1 good idea. I'm with you on your thinking toward the 100+ post count but sash makes a good point about people turning it into a numbers game. Either way

STICKY!!! :headbang:

It would be nice to add a sticky thread about Taxes and Duties, 'cause i always wonder what would happen if I buy a headamp to US, should I have to pay any duties? What happens if it is second hand? What happens if no invoice exist? How can I avoid duties? IQuestions... many questionsss!

I've bought many things on US Ebay, but no very expensives, less than 200... no problem with that, but when the price is higher...

I know for a fact that there are no taxes for used items just because there is no receipt.

Imo, what should be reliable enough is completing the transaction via ebay(post the item with the agreed price and the buy now option and send the link to the buyer).
Then again there are some transaction fees:erk::erk::erk:

Unless of course there is some trust level among seller/buyer so no need for ebay:Smokin:

I know for a fact that there are no taxes for used items just because there is no receipt.

For cross-continent packages (at least those arriving to Europe), there will be taxes and toll regardless if it's new, used, broken, gift marked, or whatever. Usually anything bigger than a thick letter parcel will be intercepted by the toll office and you have to go pick it up from there, and you will be asked to open the package and show the value of the items from the receipt or from an online store on the internet (and they're no dummies - it's no use to mark that 500 EUR Cubase 5 box as a 10 EUR CD :lol:).

I think the VAT limits are EU-wide, where you can import single packages worth <45 EUR without VAT/toll being added. Anything above that will be tolled and VATed, be it new or used.

I think the VAT limits are EU-wide, where you can import single packages worth <45 EUR without VAT/toll being added. Anything above that will be tolled and VATed, be it new or used.

In my country is < 200 €.
I bought a guitar in NY and when arrive to the airport a policeman asked me to show him the receipt. The guy from the NY store made a false receipt for 250 $ (that was less than 200 €) and he let me go.

How are they gonna tax something used and with no receipt?I mean...how do they know how much did u pay for it?

because normally, people would send something insured and it has to have the value written on it on the actual packaging, thats what happened when i got my pod xt

How are they gonna tax something used and with no receipt?I mean...how do they know how much did u pay for it?

Besides checking the insurance, in Finland they usually check out common prices for the items on a few used items sales places (such as eBay). They don't care if you really paid less than what is the average price for the item. Yes, they are fucking anal about these things!

Besides checking the insurance, in Finland they usually check out common prices for the items on a few used items sales places (such as eBay). They don't care if you really paid less than what is the average price for the item. Yes, they are fucking anal about these things!

Of course they are! They gotta make money and "protect domestic industry" somehow! :p

Holy fuck:zombie:My sympathies to the Finish people