Sentenced cover now online!

Although maybe it's debatable whether cheese can be evil.
Cheese can be evil. Think of that blue one with the mold growing in it. If that's not enough, think of the smell of cheese. I swear it smells like feet. If that's still not good enough, have a look at this*.

*at your own risk

Cheese can be evil. Think of that blue one with the mold growing in it. If that's not enough, think of the smell of cheese. I swear it smells like feet. If that's still not good enough, have a look at this*.

*at your own risk

Have you ever even tried blue cheese? It's delicious, do not judge it by its appearance you racist. Casu marzu however seems a bit extreme for my taste but still I might be tempted to try a piece someday.

Now this is way off-subject for this thread so to compensate: I too, find the Sentenced cover awesome.

Have you ever even tried blue cheese? It's delicious, do not judge it by its appearance you racist. Casu marzu however seems a bit extreme for my taste but still I might be tempted to try a piece someday.
With or without the larvae? :puke:

I'm not sure if i have tried blue cheese or not. I remember being near it once, which means that i either tried and was left unimpressed or didn't really bother. I'm willing to give it a second chance though, nothing wrong with a little bit of friendly fungi.

And to make this post a little more on topic: Imagine listening to the Sentenced cover while eating a piece of Roquefort and drinking some french red wine. Mmmmmmmmmm.

With or without the larvae?

Well having it without the larvae is pretty much like having a hamburger without the meat. Takes half the fun away and it makes you a vegetarian.

If I ever try it, it's going to be the full experience.

Besides the Sentaced cover DT did, did anyone find the Monochromatic Stains cover by that other band horrible? They added a couple cool effects, but in general, they didn't re-invent the song much, and the singer is so horrible compared to Mikeals grownls. It really shows how alot of bands only know how to do a shout-growl and not actually a growl that requires actually changing notes and using a technique thats more like singing. And other than that, it really showed how technically perfect DT sound, while the other band sounded quite sloppy, and the drums were way to over the mix. Maybe they just didn't put much into the cover but, DT's pwns them at making covers.

Thats really the only thing I hate about most new bands. They have good tunes usually and pretty good writing skills, just, the choice of making a song sound as perfect as can be has been lost. While a good idea will shine through and make a song listenable (pretty much why the band Deftones has survived) just doing things like making sure every instrument's volume is perfect for the song, tuning it exactly right, focusing alot of time on each and every single part to make sure it compliments another...seems like all thats been lost. Especially for singing, most bands that growl or shout, the vocals don't compliment or go with the music much.

Ok i must say that i never expected this.. Dark Tranquillity covering Sentenced?.. and on top of that one of my fave songs.. DAMN

the cover is pretty good.. i especially founf great that through this stanne could get closer to his projector vocals ( wich i love).

Well im a big Sentenced fan so i must say Kudos and thanks for doing this guys..:)

:worship:

Does anyone know if there is a chance to get this song as a bonussong on a DT release or do I have to buy this cover CD to get it?

I know this is completely off-topic, but which quality are iTunes mp3s, are all albums offered in the lossless apple format and what are the prices for an mp3 album and how much is a lossless album?

[number]kbps, yes/no, [number]€, [number]€ answer is sufficient, I do not want to drive this thread offtopic.

[number]kbps, yes/no, [number]€, [number]€ answer is sufficient, I do not want to drive this thread offtopic.

256 kbps for "Itunes plus", 128 kbps for regular, no, prices vary, from 5$ USD to 15$ or more depending on amount of tracks/bonus tracks/extras, and I have never bought a lossless album from iTunes.

Amazon is a little better. All songs are pre-ID3 tagged and @ 320 kbps, and they aren't in proprietary apple format (they are in regular mp3) if you are interested and/or if it is available.

the thing is iTunes sells AAC format, not Mp3s. And AAC format has a better sound ceteris paribus.

Then again, the difference between an mp3 at 192/kbps and a m4a at the same bit rate is not that noticeable. Not only that, even if you decide to encode everything in AAC to get better sound and more detail, if you still stick your ipod standard earbuds in your ears well it's not going to change a thing. These awful cans can turn any high bit-rate track into musical vomit. Heck, with those, you might as well rip everything at 64/kbps.

There's nothing wrong with coding in AAC, that's what I do and even though I don't see much difference between that and mp3s I figure, what do I lose?

What really made a difference for me was changing the support. Get good earphones and then a high-bit rate will mean something.