Sentenced cover

as far as I know there will be end of this year a special sampler from century media. celebrating the labels 20 years or somethink like this and this album will feature just century media bands covered by other century media bands.
the only covers I know are: dt vs. sentenced and heaven shall burn vs. paradise lost(true belief)
but the idea is great and i.e. more interesting than this one-time band projects just created for celebrating the labels age and greatness (like nuclear blast and roadrunner did)

Oh my fucking god!!!
Sentenced song fits to Dark Tranquillity, but I can hardly say the same about "True Belief" and Heaven Shall Burn...

Anyway, I hope to hear this song soon 'cause I like Sentenced too. Also I rember that Niklas told something about terms but I can't recall it now

They're covering Broken from the Crimson album. You can tell by the video DT released you can hear Mikael screaming "The fire in my heart is dying
and the zeal I had is gone"

well heres the list of the century media sampler

and I was wrong, HSB are covering tiamat, not paradise lost
(they covered this song for the japan edition of deaf to our prayers)

CD1:
01 ARCH ENEMY 'The Book Of Heavy Metal' (Dream Evil)
02 DARK TRANQUILLITY 'Broken' (Sentenced) :kickass:
03 HEAVEN SHALL BURN 'Whatever That Hurts' (Tiamat) :loco:
04 SHADOWS FALL 'December' (Only Living Witness)
05 BRAND NEW SIN 'Watching Over Me" (Iced Earth)
06 WOLF 'Alma Mater' (Moonspell)
07 MERCENARY 'Burning Angel' (Arch Enemy)
08 GOD FORBID 'Master Killer' (Merauder)
09 WABRINGER 'Execute Them All' (Unleashed)
10 GRAVE 'Vermin' (Asphyx)
11 ARCHITECTS 'Officer Down' (Stampin' Ground)
12 NAPALM DEATH 'Outconditioned' (Despair)
13 KRISIUN 'Human Dissection' (Demolition Hammer)
14 CRYPTOPSY 'Oh My Fucking God' (Strapping Young Lad)
15 MAROON 'Baphomet's Throne' (Samael) :headbang:
16 WATCH THEM DIE 'Breeding Death' (Bloodbath)

CD2:
01 FIREWIND 'Believe In Nothing' (Nevermore)
02 DREAM EVIL 'Let The Killing Begin' (Arch Enemy)
03 FEAR MY THOUGHTS 'The Weapon They Fear' (Heaven Shall Burn)
04 THE AGONIST 'Monochromatic Stains' (Dark Tranquillity)
05 THE FORSAKEN 'You'll Never See' (Grave)
06 DEVIAN 'Isolated' (Morgoth)
07 HEAVEN SHALL BURN 'Downfall Of Christ' (Merauder)
08 ABORTED 'Playing Dead' (Turmoil)
09 TERROR 'Boxed In' (Subzero)
10 NAPALM DEATH 'Messiah' (Hellhammer)
11 ASPHYX 'Os Abysmi Vel Daath' (Celtic Frost)
12 ZIMMERS HOLE 'Doommaker' (Old Man's Child)
13 FU MANCHU 'Words To Live By' (Penance)
14 MANNTIS (feat. IN THIS MOMENT) 'Heaven's A Lie' (Lacuna Coil)

theres even a DT cover on the sampler and some other really cool combinations.

Is this a comedy compilation or something? How can anybody open with a cover of The Book of Heavy Metal? That song is an abortion. I'm not at all happy that DT are included in something as childish and stupid as this, even though my opinion is based on that track only. I thought everybody knew DT play in a different league.

Some of the other tracks seem appropriately matched (Wolf and Moonspell, for instance, and Mercenary and Arch Enemy), but the reliable names dwindle much sooner than one could hope. As it stands, DT's cover is not only going to be the highlight of the sampler, but a real diamond in the rough.

I'm slightly interested in this one, but I can't recall ever hearing The Agonist - anyone here know anything about them? Are they any good?

According to Metal Archives, it's a Melodic Death / Metalcore band with a female singer. They have one album that came out for CM in 2007. I'll check them out.

The Agonist are a Montreal-based band. I've seen them a couple of times in shows. I find them somewhat bland and they lack personality. They seem to be highly influenced by Arch Enemy (Gossow era) and their style is a mimic of everything that has already been done in Sweden by melodic death acts. I never heard their cover of Monochromatic Stains though.

I don't recommend them much, unlike you obsess about female-fronted bands, they're not exactly worth the detour.

The Agonist are a Montreal-based band. I've seen them a couple of times in shows. I find them somewhat bland and they lack personality. They seem to be highly influenced by Arch Enemy (Gossow era) and their style is a mimic of everything that has already been done in Sweden by melodic death acts. I never heard their cover of Monochromatic Stains though.

I don't recommend them much, unlike you obsess about female-fronted bands, they're not exactly worth the detour.

Yep, I listened to one of their songs on Youtube and had the "heard-before" feeling almost all way through it. I can kind of hear how their cover of Monochromatic Stains will sound already - which is a pity, as it is a song that could be made into a very interesting cover, I think.

Anyways, they seem like a young band, and not everyone can start their career with something as unique as Skydancer. Perhaps they'll gain a personality in the future?

-Villain

Anyways, they seem like a young band, and not everyone can start their career with something as unique as Skydancer. Perhaps they'll gain a personality in the future?

-Villain

I have no such hope

I've seen several bands releasing questionable material in their early days but you could still sense that there was that creativity or that drive in a few songs or even song parts that simply tells you they'll improve over time. The Agonist, however, doesn't have that or at least I am unable to see it. If only they could put up an energetic live act you know...but no. They're just boring on a stage. They look like these Trivium kids...just playing songs and thinking "we are so much the most kickass band eva!" and the guitarist pictures himself playing for Soilwork all the time and blah blah blah...

Anyways, sorry fo the rant, I just guess I just really hate this band because they give a bad image to the Canadian metal scene.