September Mixing Contest - Win A Pair of BeyerDynamic DT770 Headphones

We had so much fun working on this track, really fun challenge. Song has some nice patina on it, and I really like how vocals are recorded. My brother Željko was in charge with the guitar and bass guitar tones. Part of the challenge was, and what makes it so fun, was balancing between that epic and mysterious character and spaciousness of death metal with more streetwise, "in your face" vocal style. Also that interplay of higher register vocal line with growl, where we made the decision to put higher vocal lines a little back in the stereo filed and in line with the theme, so that when growl lines come, it brings that "in your face" attitude and nice dynamic to a vocal delivery and you also have that "back-front" bounce.

Cheers,
Damir

My try, with orchestral elements. Every time I add orchestration to something, I always think "this is going to slide right in" as I am writing, and then I am stuck on my 8th revision trying to make concessions without suppressing something :lol: . The song is awesome! Very well done. But when I first started, I felt a little stuck due to the lack of overall chord changes, and had to figure out a way to make orchestral leaps without changing the overall tone of the piece. Hopefully I did, and it didn't detract from the song itself.

Hey guys,

5 1/2 more hours to go! I have replied to all entries submitted so far with a confirmation email. If you submitted a mix but didn't receive a confirmation email, please reach out to me directly at signalfireaudio@gmail.com or by DM on this forum. Best of luck to everyone!

Here's my go! I'm not submitting since I'm no good at vocals so here's my instrumental version to listen to for fun. Great song and some great mixes here! Really cool to hear everyone's interpretations.

I sent you a mail yesterday, but it may be in your spam folder.
My f*cking mail adress is always detected as spam, don't know why :tickled:

Last edited:
Hey all! So here it is, the final announcement!

It took quite a while to go through all submissions and rank them/balance them to all have the same levels. There were a lot of mixes that did some things better than others and vice versa and that was very eye opening for me to see how many different ways people can go about a mix. I also can't thank you guys enough for taking the time to download the stems and submit your mixes. A lot of hard work goes into doing that so I commend all of you who participated.

Unfortunately, all good things must come to an end. And in this case, FrankTheSmith has come out the winner of this contest. Some of the mixes were admittedly a bit more balanced in certain places, however the vocal processing and the drum processing (I need to know what you did for the drums, they make the blast beats absolutely sing) really carried his submission to the top. It's no secret that vocals and drums are the most important parts of a mix, and Frank did a great job on those both to bring the song to life.

It wasn't an easy choice, and honorable mentions include Nichiz and newamerikangospel (the orchestral bits are so ace, I'll be reaching out to you in the future to do some orchestral work I have for my next contest :D ).

Thanks again to everyone who entered the contest and feel free to check in for future contests. The next contest should pop up in November with a bunch of different prizes to choose from.

Congrats to FrankTheSmith.
And thanks again to Antonio, looking forward to see more contests like this, it was definitely a lot of fun ;)

Last edited:
Congrats to FrankTheSmith. im glad u liked my mix also. it was fun and i like more contests in the future =)