Septic Flesh

amonamarth10

Nov 9, 2004
I recently bought Sumerian Daemons and I must say that it is one of the best albums I've ever heard. God damnit, why the hell did they have to break up. Well, at least Thou Art Lord got Sotiris, George, and Akis so I can look foward to new stuff from them, but I still really wish that Septic Flesh would get back together.

Never heared this band. Are they worth it? Which album should I start with?

Sumerian Daemons is indeed awesome. I haven't gotten around to checking out their older stuff but from what I've heard from fans, SD is supposed to be their best.

Septic Flesh are indeed my favorite band. But they are not a band that has kept the same style throuout theyre carreer. Sumerian Daemons are considered by many as theyre peak, but I actually prefer theyre debut mystic places of dawn. A wery dreamy and different kind of deathmetal album.

They are certainly a truly original band with theyre own style. Only album I wouldnt recomend is revelution dna, not because its bad, but because its mostly cleanvocals. The debute, followed by sumerian are my favorites. Most people however seem to prefer sumerian daemons. Most people go for Sumerian daemons though.

Gallantry over Docility said:
I recall them sucking ass, and am waiting for somebody tasteful to solidly challenge that recollection.

You think "With Fear I Kiss the Burning Darkness" is a masterpiece, therefore you fail.

No, I think it would be a masterpiece if everything after track 5 wasn't on it. Regardless, I apologise profusely if it offends you when somebody recalls disliking a band you enjoy (as your scathing if somewhat misguided comment suggests).

How about we avoid the dipshittery, kids?

GoD, just check them(SF) out anyway.

J Mann, I'm in agreement with you on WFIKTBD.

anonymousnick2001 said:
J Mann, I'm in agreement with you on WFIKTBD.

Well it is approaching the most inaccessible metal available, most are unwilling to put the required amount of effort in. None of you realise what you're missing.

You know me better than that, GoD. It just happens to not be that great.

IMO

I prefer the brilliance of TRITSIO and the "ear candy" of SOTS.