Serenity Cancels PP USA IX Appearance

Gates of Winter!! They NEED to play this festival. It just wouldn't be the same without them. Seriously...:headbang:

ROFL! Can you not fucking read? The promoter, at the top of page 2, said that if you guys keep registering just to promote Gates Of Winter for this, that he would not even consider them, just out of spite. If the band is good enough, the music will speak for itself, we don't need you guys trolling this board like children.

/endrant

MINDFLOW were my first thought... sent them another e-mail just to make sure :lol:

My other thoughts:
PRYMARY
HUBI MEISEL
COLDERA
TRIAL OF MURDERS (Urban Breed's new band!)
MEYVN
SIX MINUTE CENTURY
DENDURA
WASTEFALL

Bands I thought of but somehow I think something might prevent it:
Outworld
Dark Empire

Bands that ran through my mind but aren't openers:
Avian
Jag Panzer
Falconer

If Avian aren't openers, what are they?

I just hope that a melodic progmetal band will replace a melodic progmetal band.

Here are a couple I'd really enjoy:

Beyond Twilight (this would be amazing!!!)
Dead Air Radio (I know, long shot but it would be awesome!!!)
Ebony Ark ( awesome heavy prog band with an amazing female singer)
Gates of Winter (good stuff that actually might have a big chance since Glenn loves them)
Mind's Eye (this would be awesome!!!)
Seventh Wonder (excellent progmetal)
Speaking to Stones (yet another excellent progmetal band)
Wolverine (this would also be awesome, totally deserved)

There you go,

Steve

I just sent off some emails to Tyr, Korpiklaani, and Suidakra (I've been on a huge folk metal kick recently). The Korpiklaani guy has already replied saying he's working on it.

I would say that Korpiklaani are not really an opening band. I'd rather see them as a "2 or 3" at ProgPower or a headliner at Heathen Crusade. My $.02.

Eternal Legacy!!!! These guys are great friends or mine and really kick ass, please give them a look.

The Gates Of Winter shit is getting old already. I'm trying hard to bite my tongue.

Perhaps I'll review the CD on MY website.

The Gates Of Winter shit is getting old already. I'm trying hard to bite my tongue.

Perhaps I'll review the CD on MY website.

Don't blame the band. They have already apologized privately and even asked if I would delete the posts. I just left it because once I found out what happened, it wasn't a big deal anymore to me. They have a few fans that are a bit overzealous and didn't realize it was hurting more than helping. They put out the "cease & desist" request but evidently it hasn't made it to all corners of the their fans yet.

Besides, if you start reviewing cds based on stuff other than the actual music, you lose all credibility as cd reviewer in my book (and I do read & enjoy your reviews frequently).

As for reviewing the CD. I would NEVER slam a band just for the sake of it (I have been reviewing CD's a long time just under an alias on another well known website). Those who listen to my show know my thoughts already on this band long before the forum debacle happened. It was just incentive to finally write the review perhaps, sorta the same way a kick ass CD will usually inspire me to write one. Sadly the new Leverage disc isnt that good but inspired me to review it because of how let down I was (Even with teachings from producer Michael Wagener). So many things inspire me to write a review but its ALWAYS about the contents on the disc. Always was and always will be. Of course I'm also inspired when labels send me promos, and say REVIEW THIS! ;)

For the record the post above Glenns, I dont expect my opinions to ever make or break a band...thats just stating the obvious. Like anything its just a place for me to voice and express my thoughts and opinions without worrying about censoring myself.

Carry on. :)

EDIT : 47 submissions! Someones got a lot of homework to do!

Btw, I have had 47 submissions so far. I have found some serious candidates to consider. I'll probably stop taking submissions soon as I need to start figuring out what in the hell I'm going to do.

Updates to follow...