serious question regarding Joey Belladonna

Chuck Billy uses one as well although it's looks more like a piece of drum hardware with lights on it than a mic stand. I have no clue as to where that whole thing came from, but oddly enough I have to say that it seems to fit Joey very well.

It's just more comfortable for some people. Everyone does something different with their vocal mic, I personally have to wrap it around my hand a couple times. The half stand offers the comfort of holding a mic stand, but it's more versatile and not as cumbersome.

That's my take on it anyways...

freddie-mercury-live-at-wembley-1986.jpg

Chuck Billy uses one as well although it's looks more like a piece of drum hardware with lights on it than a mic stand. I have no clue as to where that whole thing came from, but oddly enough I have to say that it seems to fit Joey very well.
Maybe it gives his other hand something to hold on to, if I were a singer I wouldn't know what to do with my non-mic-holding hand without gesturing like a pop star. Speaking of Billy, that glowing mic thing was kinda cool but he was playing air guitar on it non-stop through their whole set, does he always do that? He sounded great but I just kept thinking stop with the air guitar!

I looked back through all my old concert pics and now I see it. He does always use that, both in Anthrax and for solo gigs. Weird that I ever noticed it. Now I'd like to know...

I looked back through all my old concert pics and now I see it. He does always use that, both in Anthrax and for solo gigs. Weird that I ever noticed it. Now I'd like to know...
Well that mystery is solved. Now let's talk about the silver cuff thing on his wrist, what's with that? You may have to do some more extensive research to find pics.

Maybe it gives his other hand something to hold on to, if I were a singer I wouldn't know what to do with my non-mic-holding hand without gesturing like a pop star. Speaking of Billy, that glowing mic thing was kinda cool but he was playing air guitar on it non-stop through their whole set, does he always do that? He sounded great but I just kept thinking stop with the air guitar!

Yeah, but Chuck Billy isn't just playing air guitar.

He's playing the actual guitar parts, it's awesome

I understand that this move is borrowed largely from Freddy Mercury, but I'm really trying to figure out why. Feel free to delve deeper into the Belladonna mythos.

The name Belladonna is italian, which means Beautiful Woman. Also a name of a poisonous plant.
Joey was trying to create an image for his stage performance and i guess he is more towards glam ( he don't really bang his head like the other guys in the band), so there is no other rock performer with a better glam & flamboyant image & style then Freddie. Joey has the singing prowess, now for the image, he wont go for the mustache or the ballet tights, so he goes for the half mic stand.

The actual reason is that it's in that sweet spot between a normal mic stand and a mike alone. He likes that it's smaller and lighter than a normal mic stand, but he also doesn't like holding just a mike. Now you know.

Well that mystery is solved. Now let's talk about the silver cuff thing on his wrist, what's with that? You may have to do some more extensive research to find pics.

The bracelet has always puzzled me. It seems like he's pretty much worn it since the Spreading The Disease era. However, he's only worn it once out of all the solo gigs I've seen, and I believe he wasn't wearing it in Toronto this year either...

The name Belladonna is italian, which means Beautiful Woman. Also a name of a poisonous plant.
Joey was trying to create an image for his stage performance and i guess he is more towards glam ( he don't really bang his head like the other guys in the band), so there is no other rock performer with a better glam & flamboyant image & style then Freddie. Joey has the singing prowess, now for the image, he wont go for the mustache or the ballet tights, so he goes for the half mic stand.

real name Bellardini