Set the World on Fire video

1) My proxy didn't work with MTV, system is too complex? Haha
2) Aware of the Youtube thing, due to a legal reason, that link is not allowed on the forum (to my knowledge)

Alright, so this is the cheesiest shit I've ever seen and I love it. If Luca Turilli would see this he'd crap his pants.

Nah, this is more like cheddar cheese. As mentioned previously, the Hammerfall video with the CG skeletons... that's vintage cheese...

1) My proxy didn't work with MTV, system is too complex? Haha
2) Aware of the Youtube thing, due to a legal reason, that link is not allowed on the forum (to my knowledge)

It's fine, now that the video's been 'officially released to the public' as it were.

That video was awesome. Yes, there are parts where you laugh but it's a laugh because your brain does not know which other emotion to show for how awesome the video is. The matrix thing at the end was pretty cool actually.

So it's going to be on headbanger's ball tomorrow night on mtv2 on t.v. ?

I really liked what Russell was doing as he was singing "Destroy and unmake you" lol
Yeah, that caught my eye too...good stuff. I love how they incorporated the album art/theme...very enjoyable video. This is the perfect song & video to unleash upon the mainstream...whilst Serpent's Kiss is a bit bluesy/groovy, this tune amps up the power metal aspect :kickass:

So the label tells me..

I have my dvr set up already. :)

Sweet! Is there a possibility that later you could post the recording for those of us who don't get MTV2? Even though the video is on the net now it is not the same without the hosts' comments and such before and after the video plays on HBB. If you can't due to some kind of legal/lack of technology/laziness reason then its not biggie. The HBB clip will probably be posted on YouTube by SOMEBODY.

The only thing that really stood out to me as really cheesy was the Matrix punch at the end. Not only because it was Matrixy, but also because it was poorly done to boot. Overall, the video is much closer to how I have always envisioned a SyX video would be. Serpent's Kiss was an ok video but didn't look too much like something I would envision them doing.

Which part?

I agree... they could have at least kept in the harmonized interlude. I would have kept this and the entire solo duel and taken out Romeo's main solo, but that's just my two cents. The video is awesome; I like it even more than Serpent's Kiss. You even see a little bit more of Lepond in this one!

the part I am referring to would be solo section #4 (counting every break including when Romeo starts the tapping for section 2). It goes from what I can tell...Pinella, Romeo/Pinella, Romeo, Romeo, ?, Romeo, Pinella.

I say keep all solos and cut some of the repetitive bars at the end.

The video has left me wanting a higher-res version than a tiny Flash video.

Perhaps a nice big H.264 version could be put on the band's site? (bandwidth be damned)

And you know, it's such a shame that nobody ever invented a round, physical medium that could store these video images...

Haha, the first time i watched it i was chatting with Jeff online and the conversation was hillarious. We were laughing at all kinds of stuff and going "man, that should have been fixed", but overall it's (as he dude above me said [edit: ok two dudes above me]) epic and cheesy. I just can't get over it... great video! I've been waiting for something like this for a long time :D

Well, well worth the wait.

The video has left me wanting a higher-res version than a tiny Flash video.

Perhaps a nice big H.264 version could be put on the band's site? (bandwidth be damned)

Great proposal since one can't see all the details of the flash video!! It woul be great if a better version could be put on the official website - just like The Serpent's Kiss video.

the part I am referring to would be solo section #4 (counting every break including when Romeo starts the tapping for section 2). It goes from what I can tell...Pinella, Romeo/Pinella, Romeo, Romeo, ?, Romeo, Pinella.

You've lost me. Here's the track times (for the song, not the video):

3:35 - Romeo
3:45 - Pinnella harmonizes Romeo
3:55 - Romeo's main solo
4:18 - Romeo & Pinnella unison (they're both playing the exact same thing)
4:23 - Romeo
4:29 - Romeo & Pinnella unison (again)
4:34 - Pinnella

Since The Odyssey, Symphony X has favored guitar solos over keyboard solos. The evidence that supports this is the fact that Pinnella has only four keyboard solos on Paradise Lost (two are in Walls of Babylon), while Romeo solos, sometimes multiple times, on every song.

I say keep all solos and cut some of the repetitive bars at the end.

Yeah, but the outro riff is one of the grooviest riffs the band has ever written. I just hate how the song fades out; same thing with Walls of Babylon.

You've lost me. Here's the track times (for the song, not the video):

3:35 - Romeo
3:45 - Pinnella harmonizes Romeo
3:55 - Romeo's main solo
4:18 - Romeo & Pinnella unison (they're both playing the exact same thing)
4:23 - Romeo
4:29 - Romeo & Pinnella unison (again)
4:34 - Pinnella

Since The Odyssey, Symphony X has favored guitar solos over keyboard solos. The evidence that supports this is the fact that Pinnella has only four keyboard solos on Paradise Lost (two are in Walls of Babylon), while Romeo solos, sometimes multiple times, on every song.

Yeah, but the outro riff is one of the grooviest riffs the band has ever written. I just hate how the song fades out; same thing with Walls of Babylon.

Thanks for that rundown. I have not seen the band live, but from clips I have seen of this song, it looked like Pinella started the solo at 3:35 and Romeo then harmonizes with him. It looked like Pinella did the one at 4:23 too which was the one I was unsure about. It sounded like a guitar to me on the cd, but then the live performance made me wonder.

Watching Headbanger's ball as we speak. Man, all these pop-metal bands' videos are so generic.. and I think I have heard the worst song in my life ( Type O Negative - September Sun )

Okay.. didn't see the video on mtv2.. maybe I missed it in the first 15 mins ?