Setlist?

Any news on the songs that are going to be on the setlist for the European tour?

I'm listening to older Enchant albums like Break at the moment to get into the mood and refresh my memory.

I'm surprised at how much I like songs like King and My Enemy again.
Must be quite a job for you guys to pick up on the older songs as well going over the back catalogue. Is it like having to learn how to play your own songs again? Or do you remember most of it?

Jerry

Great post.

Hey we are indeed working on just that. We are currently working off a list of songs that we feel meet the criteria for the tour and will be most popular with everyone. The plan is to have enough songs to rotate two sets or something like that throughout the tour? Enough to alternate some for people attending more than one show and to make it more interesting for us as well.

Of course the list gets narrowed down and some of the songs will not make it. We have actually replaced two of the original picks if I am not mistaken. There are quite a few issues to take into consideration when picking songs. Some just sound better than others live? And some we have been playing a few for years that we are a little burnt out on.

We will ultimatly choose the ones that are sounding best (tightest) and are the ones we feel will be best for this tour!

I can tell you we are working on around 14 songs with a few others we are talking about. We will probably only be playing around 8 or 9 songs each night, so having 5 or 6 more to rotate in would probably be ideal.

The majority of the tunes are more recent. We are planning on doing two from BPOTW ( these would fall into the remembering how in the hell they went catagory :) and one from Wounded, and Time Lost each. Those two are pretty easy to guess! And they always sound really good.

From Break of the songs is maybe a surprise for a lot of people but it is sounding great. We do plan on working in King possibly as well.

We are working on three from J9 D10 one of which we had not originally planned on doing but has been thrown in the mix now, another that is a surprise and another that is not.

From Blink I think we are working on three, and from Tug maybe four? Yet to be determined.

Hey about learning how to play the songs again :) wow some of them have not been played for years! and I mean years! There is seven disc's of material now to choose from as well. So yes it is a challenge :) although it is also funny how some come back to memory easy? And there are some we have never played and probabaly won't? :)

I think Doug listed some of the songs on another thread whih I can add too.

Thanks for the psot

Great post indeed and thanks for the reply, Ed.

KeeperOfTheFlame is a countryman of mine, but he is not me and I don't know him! ;)

Great you're planning to change setlists throughout the tour. Remember you're playing Holland at the beginning and at the end of the tour, so save the setlist of the first date for the later dates! ;)

Looking forward to hearing you!

Jerry

Thanks for your reply , Ed.
Keeper of the flame's real name is Wouter. (the ou is pronounced like in "trout" )

I hope you have fun rehearsing and knowing that people are looking forward to seeing you live on stage.
The new album is sinking in and truly great. I hope lots of Beard fans turn into Enchant fans.

I don't know Jerry either, which is strange considering that we both live in one of the smallest countries in the world. :p

Sorry Keeper

I get mixed up sometimes :) too much going on.

Hey we are looking forward to being there to give you all the best show possible.

One of the smallest countries in the world indeed! Only 16 million people and Wouter and I don't know each other! ;)

Ed, stick to your rehearsing and don't mix up songs until the tour is over! :)

Jerry