Seventh Wonder in Sandefjord

Kazar

SW-moderator
May 14, 2007
From the Netherlands to Norway; the Sandefjord-trip.

THURSDAY
After meeting up with Marcel (‘Cello’) we arrived at Eindhoven-airport and took the plane to Rygge. We took the ferry from Moss to Horten and got lucky with a free ride to Sandefjord where we arrived at about 18:00. After a quick bite we discovered Hammersmith’s (the pub were the gig was) and made a phonecall to our landlady who picked us up. We refreshed ourselves a bit and went back to Hammersmith’s where we had a few drinks and met some nice people as well.

FRIDAY
A nice relaxed morning was followed by an afternoon in the centre of Sandefjord. We went for a walk to see some of the sights in Sandefjord and spent some time around the central square. After our meal we decided to get back to Hammersmith’s where we saw the SW-boys (except for Kyrt, he had other obligations and arrived very shortly before the actual performance later that night). They were a bit tired since they had travelled a long time but they took the time to talk to us a bit which was very cool. They had left the studio very early that morning where they had been to rehearse and do some other stuff as well.
Later on, we caught up with Lars (‘Aran’) and went to his hotel to get a few drinks and listen to some music. We went back to the pub at 22:00, met some nice people again and waited until Illusion Suite would start their support-gig. It was a nice show with a lot of energy and a perfect build-up to the main event.

At 00:30 Seventh Wonder entered the stage.
They were dressed in black, a reference to the theme of the next album. An intro-tape was played; it was a snippet from a song from the new album..... and it sounded beautiful!
They opened with ‘Unbreakable’ and from there on it was just amazing. You could clearly see the boys had a blast as well being on stage for the first time in a year. They were on fire and imagine how it could have been if they weren’t that rusty.... ;-)

After nodding along with all the Norwegian/Swedish announcements (“Yes, absolutely...?!”), Tommy announced that they would play a new song called ‘Alley Cat’ (I could figure that one out) - you can hear a little part from that song in the first video of the studio-report in which Tommy is singing.
It’s a great song! It’s an uptempo song with some stellar guitar-melodies from Johan in the beginning. The vocal melodies are awesome and the chorus is really catchy. If I do remember correctly there is some wicked keyboard/guitar battle going on as well.
Apparently there is a part right before the chorus where the word ‘Baby’ can be shouted out loud. Up until now we are still uncertain where that part is..... ;-)

The setlist contained the songs;
Unbreakable
Hide and Seek
Tears for a Father
Not an Agel
Alley Cat
Welcome to Mercy Falls
Taint the Sky
The Black Parade
The Edge of my Blade

After the gig at 01:45 the boys freshened up and returned to talk to some fans and to hang out a bit. A few pictures were taken as well and after that we had to leave because the pub closed at 02:30. It was ver cosy outside the pub so we stayed a while to talk to some of the people we met that night. We were back at our place at about 04:00 but I had a hard time falling asleep right away with all the images still running in my mind.

SATURDAY
Afer a short sleep and a breakfast we left our appartment at 8:15. We took a taxi to Horten because we had to catch the ferry from 9:45 (our plane would leave at 12:00), took another taxi from Moss to the airport and arrived there safely on time. Back in the Netherlands Marcel and I went our seperate ways and after a long day of travelling I arrived at my house at 17:15.

Marcel, thanks for the pleasant time, I really enjoyed your company!
Everyone else involved – Lasse, Lars, Cecilie, Omar, Illusion Suite/Oyvind, Paul - thank you so much! I had a great time meeting you.

In the end of course, a big thanks to Andreas, Tommy, Johnny, Johan and Kyrt; thanks for an amazing show. It was awesome meeting you guys again; I really appreciate the time you took to talk a bit, before and after the gig.

thumb-4928_4C71062A.jpg