Seventh Wonder-trivia

Well, now that you know the fans want to see BTS played, I say, geet awn eet! If the band doesn't like it that much, then let it be "for the fans". At least once you have to play that song, even if you can't get all the harmonies.

Join me watching two souls seek for fire, in a world beyond the one we know.
Yin and yang, black and white, the colours fading.

On of my favourite lyrics from all of MF <3

The opening to it is probably the best soft part of the album, one of the most emotional apart from One Last Goodbye. I'm so glad it's not an interlude and is part of the song, because it adds so much.

The chorus is awesome as others said, and I always considered the instrumental to be like the central instrumental of Mercy Falls. Break The Silence really feels like the centrepiece of the album to me.

Yeah, as is really noticeable in Back In Time when it plays the chorus of Break The Silence and Hide And Seek back to back.

i've gotta say i'd never want to tell you guys to play a song that you don't feel like playing, but i'd do anything to hear a live performance of break the silence. though i can also see why you wouldn't want to play it live from a purely technical point of view, it is just so fluid and it has too many changes yet remains a verry clear and "simple" song in sounding.
even though it's possibly my favourite (still making my mind up on whether angel maker takes that title.) i would never tell you to play it just because i want to hear it.

so on a similar note, is there any stuff from the new album you aren't looking foward to playing since it's too complex/tiring as a band?

Break the silence is one of my favorites too, just as Hide and Seek, Waiting in the Wings and Devil's Inc :) I would love to see that one live, if you ever come to south america :) haha

Thank you for your thoughtful reply, Andreas. I recently watched the new Rush documentary in which they said the Hemispheres album was painful to make because the songs went beyond their abilities. It made me wonder about SW, since so many of your songs are incredibly complex.