Thanks! - Seventh Wonder on ProgPower

Kazar

SW-moderator
May 14, 2007
Here's my story of an amazing day..

After an almost two-hour drive I arrived at the venue at about two o’clock. The French band Akphaezya was already playing but since their style was not my cup of tea I decided to check out the venue a bit.
While going outside I saw Tommy and Andreas B. sitting outside on a bench. The chance of a lifetime, I thought, so I stepped forward and said ‘hi’ to the boys. I just wanted to let them know what their music means to me. The way the boys reacted was just plain awesome. They were so friendly and down-to-earth, they didn’t seem to mind me bothering them. Some pictures were taken and we had a little chat as well – they were very relaxed, even though it was a just a couple of hours before the show.

After that, the guys needed to go to arrange a few things for the show so our ways seperated.
Inside I met another SW-fan and we talked about music and other stuff while Vanity and Chaos Divine were doing their show.
I wanted to get a good spot for SW so immediately after the Chaos Divine show I made my way towards the frontline.

The show was just amazing. There was a lot of energy going on and the guys had so much fun on stage. This was the last show of the ‘Mercy Falls-tour’ and they really gave it their best shot. The crowd’s response was overwhelming and the they/we we were really getting into it. Tommy was spot-on, the boys were on fire - overall their performance was just mindblowing. Andreas mentioned the bad taste the band got from their first dutch show during Headway-festival a couple of years ago but that taste is definately gone, that’s for sure.

The setlist was - not in order though;
Taint the Sky
Not an Agel
Walking Tall
The Edge of my Blade
Welcome to Mercy Falls
Unbreakable
Tears for a Father – with a lot of singing from the crowd, everybody knew the words.
Hide and Seek
The Black Parade

Half an hour after the show the guys appeared at the back of the venue to get a few beers and to talk to some fans.
After talking to Andreas and Tommy again I got to meet Andreas S/Kyrt, Johan and Johnny as well. Very, very friendly and humble guys as well. We talked a little bit about the show, Mercy Falls, America (a long, long dream of the boys has turned into reality) and other stuff and again a few pictures were taken.

After that it was time for me to go home.

Guys, thank you so much for your time and your kindness!
Yesterday was an unforgettable day.
Enjoy the next couple of months with your friends and family - and good luck creating another masterpiece!

Oww yes! :kickass:
Did I have a good time hanging out with Kazar and the 7th-wonder boyz!
Awesome show :worship:, I had an excellent view from the balcony!
See below some of the videos I shot that night. Enjoy! :headbang:

Last edited by a moderator:
And a big thank you from me as well. We had a blast with you guys, both talking about (your music) and the talk about stripping in our room at the castle with Johnny and Andreas S. :D

You guys were absolutely flawless on stage, absolutely amazing :) Thank you very much and hope to see you back in Holland very soon!

And we would also like to say a big "THANK YOU" to all you who showed up. As we were leaving the day after the show the stage manager told me (and in doing so confirmed) what many fans had told us -we got the greatest crowd response thus far.

Outstanding! I myself feel that we were perhaps showing some signs of fatigue but it certainly was a good show.

I consider this a perfect time to let MF rest for a while and make sure we get the next one done.

Thanks again from the entire band!
AndreasB :)lol:), Tommy :)cool:), Johan :)kickass:), Kyrt :)rock:), Johnny :)hypno:)

And here again a big thank you! It was awesome to see you guys performing! Thanks as well for hanging out at the venue, partying, and Johan en Tommy for talking to me. Great!
Here one picture (Im the girl below)
751279908_6_bfF3.jpeg

Andreas or Johan, if you still got the photos from the Two Tall Guys (my friends) on your mobile, would you post them?

Hope to see you back again in Holland asap!

Shanna

Although on the one hand I think it's impressive that the writer of this review managed to capture some of the band's essences in a few sentences, I do believe that he's done a lot of them short by being short and less open-minded than you'd expect of a progressive metal admirer. Putting bands down just because they use growls instead of clean vocals, without listening to their sound much, not even giving them much of a fair shot straight off the bat, is a bit too closed minded for me. I for one very much enjoyed Nahemah and Hacride, but I also screamed my lungs out when Seventh Wonder appeared. All styles have their merit, like where Seventh Wonder to me has the complete package of everything I'd want in a Melodic Progressive Metal band, Hacride has everything I could look for in a more Aggressively styled Progressive Metal band (IT IS PROGRESSIVE!), and Nahemah to me is like Opeth but with even more melancholy weaved into their music.

My advice to the person writing this is to have a co-writer that would be able to wriite something in earnest about the bands the current writer does not like. I know a review is and always will be about opinions, but dismissing a band out of hand just because they're 'growly' is nothing short of disrespectful in my eyes.

Here's my story of an amazing day..
The setlist was - not in order though;
Taint the Sky
Not an Agel
Walking Tall
The Edge of my Blade
Welcome to Mercy Falls
Unbreakable
Tears for a Father – with a lot of singing from the crowd, everybody knew the words.
Hide and Seek
The Black Parade
Oh my god... that is like... the perfect setlist. Wow. Wow. :worship: I really want to see SW live now. BADLY.