Shadow sh075 guitar to midi $150

JonWormwood

Jun 16, 2007
Jax, Fl
Moving up to a ghost + axon

These are 650 at musiciansfriend, works great, includes everything you need to setup your guitar (with no modifications) to convert guitar to midi. This isn't like a Roland unit that has built in sounds, just straight midi output. Works great.

$150 shipped

5ae4acc5.jpg

How well does it work? Is it a hassle to switch between tunings/guitars? Could be really useful for putting orchestration in bands songs without fumbling around on the midi controller if it works well.

You are right, it's a pickup but it includes everything to convert to midi. so it's pickup > main thing that connects to pickup > another thing box that converts to midi > midi out

haha

Just a suggestion.....you say your moving up to a ghost. I don't know what those are worth, but you might want to look at a Godin xtsa...I have this plugged into an old roland gr-1 I bought used....but I just use it for midi output. To sum it up, the piezo bridges are far superior to any pickup...but you pay.

Not to say the pickups aren't good for some things....you can do more with the bridge style, and they're more forgiving. If not a godin, there is a company (forget the name) that will install a piezo bridge with 13 pin connector on any guitar....I believe they have pre builts too...jasksons if I remember.

Just a suggestion.....you say your moving up to a ghost. I don't know what those are worth, but you might want to look at a Godin xtsa...I have this plugged into an old roland gr-1 I bought used....but I just use it for midi output. To sum it up, the piezo bridges are far superior to any pickup...but you pay.

Not to say the pickups aren't good for some things....you can do more with the bridge style, and they're more forgiving. If not a godin, there is a company (forget the name) that will install a piezo bridge with 13 pin connector on any guitar....I believe they have pre builts too...jasksons if I remember.

Ghost are peizo :)

this is gone btw, some guy traded me a nice yamaha board for it.