SHAPE OF DESPAIR-angels of........

gothic mind

New Metal Member
Jan 29, 2003
Visit site
Unique masterpiece of pure scandinavian melancholy....amazing
atmosphere!!!!!I suppose all real fans of....The REVIVAL will like
this.

Shape Of Despair is great funeral doom band. But well I don't think they can be comparisoned to early Katatonia. Maybe when it comes to atmosphere but music? :confused:

i can agree with that - my friend usually says about that kinda music that its product of a mentally ill mind, but if there's people who enjoy it, probably there's something special in it after all ;)

i used to like Unholy, speaking of finnish doom :lol:
but they don't exist no more!! So, and Thergothon, right?

some members of Shape of Despair started a project with the female singer of Unholy (R.I.P.!) last year - does anyone know if they've already recorded something?

Originally posted by yourdeadgroom
To be honest, Angels of Despair doesn't really do it for me, I don't really think the songs go anywhere, and I hate the vocals.

Ooopsy :p

I absolutely agree. Just when the songs start to build up some atmosphere, they end. Yes, I realize I am asking for longer songs on a 5-track, 55 minute album.

That, and they should have cut out about half of the synths. I prefer Skepticism & Unholy.

I really enjoy Angels of Distress, it's an excellent album. A bit better than the previous one that sounded a bit harsher and less polished. I really enjoy the whole mood of the record, it's one of those CDs that I can just lose myself in, it kinds of floods the room when it's on and the mood is so captivating, I find it a very uplifting and calming record.