Sharon Osbourne Confesses She Cut Iron Maiden's Sound

Frankieebotz

Apr 21, 2005
FUCKING BITCH!!!!!!

Sharon Osbourne Confesses She Cut Iron Maiden's Sound

The rockers were pelted with debris by fans when sound problems wrecked their show.
Friday, August 26, 2005
Sharon Osbourne has confessed she was partly responsible for the near-riot that ruined Iron Maiden's final show during the Ozzfest tour on Sunday - by cutting off the group's sound.

The British rockers were pelted with debris by fans when sound problems wrecked their show in California.

And, after the group's manager Rod Smallwood lashed out at the unprofessional conduct of Osbourne and her fellow Ozzfest organizers in a statement earlier this week , Osbourne has admitted she did sabotage the band's show.

She claims she was upset by Maiden frontman Bruce Dickinson's constant onstage jibes aimed at her husband, headliner Ozzy Osbourne, and the Ozzfest faithful.

In a statement released Thursday night, Osbourne, calling herself "the real Iron Maiden", says, "For 20 shows we were forced to hear Dickinson's nightly outbursts from the stage, 'When we come back to America, we'll be back with a proper sound system,' or, 'We won't be playing the same old songs every night like Black Sabbath,' and, 'We don't need a teleprompter like Ozzy.'

Was Dickinson so naive to think that I was going to let him get away with talking s**t about my family night after night? I don't think he realizes who he's dealing with."

Bruce did NOT isult Ozzy. In fact, in an interview Bruce said Ozzy has to much class to do what his cunt wife did. If Bruce was in fact taking shots at the Ozzfest in general, then they were probably deserved. I hope Sharon gets raped by a wild yak. Same goes for that Otep girl.

$haron is a fucking idiot - if you've got a beef with someone on your tour, take it up in private, not in front of fans who paid their hard-earned money to see bands like Iron Maiden. $haron and all the other mouth-breathers in her clan (and those who helped) who threw shit at Iron Maiden not only put Iron Maiden in danger (other musicians have been injured by fans throwing stuff on stage), but disrespected both Maiden and the fans who paid to see the show.

And as for Bruce disrespecting Ozzy from the stage - give me a fuckin' break. Make no mistake, I respect the contributions that Ozzy has made to the world of rock and metal, but "The Osbournes" portrayed him as a mentally-fried, borderline Tourette's-patient who had no grasp on reality. $haron green-lighted the show, so $haron is the one to blame for reducing Ozzy to a joke.

I really hope that class-action lawsuit idea that someone had goes through, and that $haron has the balls to apologize to the fans who she disrespected. Someone else said it best: metal fans don't forget when they've been fucked with.

Fuck $haron. Fuck Ozzfest. Fuck Zakk Wylde.

Not that I'm opinionated or anything...

You totally fucking owned Sharon by spelling her name with a dollar sign. She'll never get over that one. You win, man. You so totally win.

Ragamuffin said:
You totally fucking owned Sharon by spelling her name with a dollar sign. She'll never get over that one. You win, man. You so totally win.

I'm not the first one on the board to do it - and I'd rather hit the bitch where it hurt, namely, in the pocketbook. I still hope anyone who was at that show enters into some kind of lawsuit - hell, Scott Stapp of Creed got sued for being totally fucked up at a Chicago show.

You wanna knock my spelling of her name, fine by me. But let's not forget that her actions were cowardly, spiteful and potentially dangerous - if Maiden hadn't finished the set, there could have been a riot a la Guns N' Roses. (Some report I read said the crowd was getting testy, but not aimed at Iron Maiden.)

Y'know as funny as i think what Bruce said to piss Sharon off, maybe if he had kept his yap shut all that shit wouldnt have happened. Then again, whatever problem Sharon had with Bruce should have just been between the two of them. Cutting Maidens PA and planting ppl in the crowd to throw shit at them is disgraceful behaviour. Shes lucky she didnt have a riot on her hands.

This shit might have not ever happened at any musical event...it's so fucking shame, someone need to get that bitch into a mental institution.

fuelee2004 said:
Y'know as funny as i think what Bruce said to piss Sharon off, maybe if he had kept his yap shut all that shit wouldnt have happened.
Everybody is entitled to their opinion and to freedom to express it anytime & wherever the fuck they wonna do it without being menaced. Why should Bruce have kept his trap shut if he had something to say? By the way, Ozzy also had said enough shit about other people (Iommi, Dio) during his lifetime...

Bruce would be right to slag Ozzy anyway. I mean, the guy barely has control over his own bladder these days. He's not fit to go on tour anymore and should have retired when he said he would after No More Tears.

Bruce was probably pissed off to be on the same bill as the bunch of shit bands that usually make up Ozzfest.

Bruce makes a couple of Osbournes-jokes. What´s the big deal? He´s just laughing at them just like the rest of the world. Maybe that´s news to Sharon? I thought that was what The Osbournes was all about, Ozzy can´t use a remote. Dogs shitting all over their house. Jack paying some dopehead to be his friend for a week or two. Kelly getting a 3000 $ tatoo across her belly while Sharon gets her ass probed.

I know my opinion is quite obviously not the favorite here but hell, my opinion rarely is. Make no mistake that I think Sharon was wrong for having eggs and whatnot thrown at Bruce Dickinson, and yeah cutting the power and chanting Ozzy was childish and possibly dangerous. I don't disagree with that at all. But I have to ask - if Bruce thought so little of Ozzy and has no respect for him or his family for doing the Osbournes, why did he agree to be on the tour in the first place? It's fucking stupid to be on a tour with someone you don't respect. I also keep reading that if Sharon had a problem with Bruce she should have kept it away from the fans. I agree with that as well but what about Bruce? He allegedly said shit about the sound and mocked the Osbournes as a family to the fans. Why not keep those comments to yourself? Seriously, even though we all have a freedom of opinion and the freedom to express it doesn't mean that we need to let common sense fly out the window when we open our mouths. Why in the friggin world would he think that he could constantly bitch on stage and that someone wasn't eventually going to get super pissed off about it? Maybe he didn't watch the Osbournes at all. If he did, he would have seen that yes, Ozzy is probably a mere shadow of his former self but that no matter how friggin warped they are sometimes, that family loves each other and would stick by each other through thick and thin, as a family should. How he got away with supposedly 20 shows of talking shit about the family is amazing to me.

And if Bruce complained because he was on tour with shitty bands as someone suggested, I'm sure Maiden knew in advance who was going on tour. Again, why not just say no. Ozzfest went on 9 years without Maiden and it could have gone on again without Maiden. Maiden wasn't doing Ozzfest any favors by touring. People still would have gone to see the show. If I went to the show in California, yeah, I would have been pissed at Sharon for ruining my show for me. But if I went to another show where Bruce allegedly was whining about the sound and mocking Ozzy, I would have turned off to Maiden thanks to Bruce. Bruce was an idiot for talking shit and griping to the fans and Sharon could have definitely handled the situation much better than she did. Both of them were wrong and the only "victims" were the fans that had to witness the childishness of both of them. Bruce is not a victim in this at all.

aliasp said:
Thats a bit harsh mate.

That Yak doesn't deserve that.
You're right. I was not thinking about the yak's health. But still,

yak.jpg

This beast could fuck her up!

eighteeschick said:
...Maiden wasn't doing Ozzfest any favors by touring. People still would have gone to see the show...
I think (even judging by the fest's set list) they were and they did. I don't think I would be wrong if I said that 80 percent of the audience came over 'cause Maiden was on the menu. I'm not putting down other bands, but - hey! let's be realistic, Maiden is the major uncorrupted metal act in the world. So I'm not sure if "...People still would have gone to see the show." But your point is understood - Bruce sometimes gets carried away.

she should get cancer again and lets hope it goes untreated. I hated her BEFORE this shit w/ maiden. so now, it's just 2 fold.