Sheet music for The Odyssey

John MetalHead

MetalHead
Mar 6, 2007
im looking for sheet music for the begening of The Odyssey my high scool band is concerding doing the intro of the song in a concered and i was wornding if anyone here can help my find it, links or the music itslef

Thanks
John MetalHead

Dude if you actually do this... I want you to record it or make a video. I have to see it. :D And send me the music if you get it!

i was planeing on recording it, but i still cant find some of the actual sheet music for the trumpet and i think its flute im not stoping though

You might just have to figure some of it out by ear. Rest assured there are plenty of parts buried lower in the mix, so just have them play what you think you hear. Or perhaps some of your high school band could listen to it and pick their parts out. What instrument do you play, John?

i play nothing im not even in the band im after giving copies of the song to all the band members so they can pick out their parts
i have never been even part of the band actually i hated the school band but this year theres a new band teacher and hes ok
so now it just a matter of time befor it should happen

With a high school band (unless you go to an arts high school where people actually care a lot), there's no way you're going to get them all to go home and pick out their parts from the cd. It's just not going to happen. Trying to approach any ensemble like that without your shit 100% together (sheet music for each part, full score, thorough knowledge of the piece, etc.) is pushing it....to try that with a high school level group is flat out unrealistic.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to burst your bubble and I think it would be cool if you actually could pull this off, but I can almost guarantee you that you're not even going to come close with the approach you are using now. Good luck though!

Meedley is right. Unless you have really cool people, it is hard to even do something like this. Even the director of my school orchestra (and band) is actually really lame when it comes to this kind of stuff. Like out of the ordinary, special things. He can't even pick decent music this year for some reason... :(