The Odyssey = M Romeo selfish???

I'd have to disagree with Soul of Ice and say that Miller is superior to Lepond in terms of chops.

Also how is Stump better than Yngwie....that's like saying Impelliteri is better than Yngwie.

and a random note...the rhthym section of Reing of Terror....their band Event is unbelievable.

dude Event - Human COndition is brilliant.

the first is good..but too regular, Dream Theater type stuff.

Human Condition is one of the most orginal prog CDs I've ever hear.

imagine the melodic sensibility of Faith No More, guitar playing of Steve Vai, and really wicked, intelligent and progressive use of electronics.

quite an album

I can't what for the new one.

when I said first... I meant "Human Condition"... I didn't realize they had an album before that... I liked the first song... but the rest didn't really hit me at the time... that was 2 years ago... so maybe if I gave it a chance today... I would like it... the new song sounds good...

Originally posted by azal
Also how is Stump better than Yngwie....that's like saying Impelliteri is better than Yngwie.

Technical ability aside, I think that Stump is definately creating better music now than Yngwie is. Conquer and Divide completely smokes Attack, er I mean ATTACK!! Yngwie's albums havent done a thing for me since Facing the Animal, and even then, I still maintain his best were his first three.

And in terms of guitarists...I've heard plenty say Im crazy for thinking Stump is better than Yngwie...but I've seen both of em live and Yngwie's live show just seems like an hour and a half of him just masturbating on stage and nothing else. At least with Stump I got a sort of Vaish kind of impression that his band was functioning as just that - a band, and not "a group of musicians creating background noise for me to wank over."

Technical ability between the two of them doesn't really need to be mentioned. They're both amazing, but I'd definately put Stump as Yngwie's equal.

Hey Yngvai...Joe Stump vs. Michael Romeo...who gets the technical nod in your opinion? I like MJR better myself all around especially in songwriting, but Stump plays with such intensity so it is tough.

Originally posted by Yngvai X
WHAAAAAAAAAT? ... but Joe Stump is in no way selfish about The Reign of Terror. he was my teacher for a year, and I talked to him about TRoT and stuff, he gives Vescera a TON of input.
...not an arrogant prick like yngwie, plus Joe kills Yngwie anyway..

Ok. I believe you. But without being his "student" for a year, my impression was he WAS quite selfish.

But who wouldn't be selfish or arrogant when you are the second best guitarist in the world!!! (next to macalpine, of course)