"The Odyssey" samples...?!?!

Since samples from V were used by "fans" against the band's express wishes, I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for anything from The Odyssey..

I'm going to go berserk if I don't get a sample of something soon. The new Opeth album is about to be released as is the new Symphony X... two sure to be amazing albums that are complete but being kept secret, which is driving me crazy. Something has got to give! I'm only human!

Just remembering that... about... 11 days BEFORE "V" was released... the brazilian record company called "Hellion Records" putted in their website (with full band agreement), a ENTIRE song, which is 'Evolution (The Grand Design)'...

So... I'm prayin' to all gods that they do the same with The Odyssey...

Believe it or not, it looks like there actually will be some MP3 clips appearing on the site very soon :)

The band wants to beat the inevitable MP3 leaks by offering a few MP3s leading up to the album release. Also, we're trying to line up something very special for pre-orders through the Merch section. Stay tuned!

Some of us at Seismic do get promo copies from IOMA, I am one of them. But mostly they are given to us after the release date, it is a rare thing when I get them way in advance of the release, I have on occasions but that is with certain bands that maybe need more exposure, it doesn't happen alot. I understand the reasoning for this as well, so its all good. I can wait, it will make it all that much better \m/

Bear

Originally posted by MetalAges
Believe it or not, it looks like there actually will be some MP3 clips appearing on the site very soon :)

The band wants to beat the inevitable MP3 leaks by offering a few MP3s leading up to the album release. Also, we're trying to line up something very special for pre-orders through the Merch section. Stay tuned!

Oooh, special pre-order deals? ROCK!

It appears the promo was released in mp3 form in its entirety earlier this week, as copies are already floating around.

Knowing that there are mp3s out there that I can't find is torturing me to no end! I MUST HEAR NEW MATERIAL!

P.S. I will buy the album and I don't plan on downloading more than about 2 songs from the new album, so don't get pissed at me. I just want to hear it nowwwwww!

Originally posted by TrevJ
Knowing that there are mp3s out there that I can't find is torturing me to no end! I MUST HEAR NEW MATERIAL!

P.S. I will buy the album and I don't plan on downloading more than about 2 songs from the new album, so don't get pissed at me. I just want to hear it nowwwwww!

There is now an mp3 of "King of Terrors" up on the official SX homepage, and it rocks!