Sheffield Meet up?

Bec

Strong Arm of the Law
Jun 9, 2006
Darkest depths of Hell
Who is going to see Saxon on Friday in Sheffield and is there a meet up before?

My boyfriend and I usually end up in the pub across the road for pre gig drinks...but it would be nice to meet up with some of you guys this time. :)

:headbang:

As a lot of us are staying at the Bristol Hotel, I assume we will meet in the bar there...as for where we're going after that, no arrangements have been made so far - well, not that I know of anyway, maybe the boys are going somewhere without me! :cry:

As a lot of us are staying at the Bristol Hotel, I assume we will meet in the bar there.

Yeah wilks was saying on another thread he would arrive at the hotel around 3:30ish....And that he wanted a pint of stout !!

bec said:
The pub across the road

can you be a bit more specific perhaps? :lol:

whats the pub called? what time are you guys gonna be there etc. ? :kickass:

Yeah wilks was saying on another thread he would arrive at the hotel around 3:30ish....And that he wanted a pint of stout !!

can you be a bit more specific perhaps? :lol:

whats the pub called? what time are you guys gonna be there etc. ? :kickass:

The pub is called The Sportsman, only decent one in that area. Sheffield has some great rock pubs but they're not very close to the venue and I'm shit at giving directions!!!

We'll be about in the afternoon, only live 30 minutes out of town :)
Need to know the whereabouts of you lot before Wednesday, I'm off up to Sheffield on Thursday because it takes two days to get to Sheffield from Wales! :p

I vaguely remember another thread in which someone suggested another couple of pubs to go to - but I can't remember which thread, or what the pubs were called!!

Same here, we should try and use this thread only then to arrange meet ups and which pubs and when type stuff etc.

Bec said:
The pub is called The Sportsman, only decent one in that area.

Cool, Theres a pub literally 1 minute up the road from me called the sportsman and its probably the only decent pub in this area too.

I've just been trawling through a few threads and found those rock pubs names:-

Bert mentioned 'The Corporation' and Changes74 mentioned 'Kasbar', which is only about 150 yards from City Hall!

I've just been trawling through a few threads and found those rock pubs names:-

Bert mentioned 'The Corporation' and Changes74 mentioned 'Kasbar', which is only about 150 yards from City Hall!

Corporation is a rock club, not open during the day!

Kasbah - Well, I went there once and really was'nt impressed.

Right Ladies :lol: and Gents :lol:

Lets get serious or a serious as we can :lol:

A number of us are staying in the Hotel Bristol, so the bar there seems a good starting point as Sammi said earlier. :kickass:

From there why don't we settle on "The Nelson on Furnival Gate" ( I assume this is near the venue couldn't be @rsed opening the map, please advise Bec :) ) Then if anyone is late (Wilks allegedly :Smug: ) they will know where to find us.

These are just my thoughts, feel free to disagree or come up with another suggestion. But can I suggest we settle on a venue sooner rather than later and maybe someone who lives locally could request they play non-stop Saxon for us all afternoon :headbang:

I agree with Hotel Bristol being a good starting point for meeting up. Ive suggested this also to a couple of people on here myself by email.