SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT [europe tour]

Hello everyone, never posted here before.
Does anyone know if the playlist will vary from date to date on the British leg of the tour?
I'm going to try to travel to a couple more dates if it mean I get to hear more songs.
Looking forward to it!

I saw the K-Dizzle in London last night. Sort of. Apparently Bodie got held back in customs in France, for serious. So it was basically a Tartar Lamb gig with Terran on reeds and piano, and the drummer from the first support act. It was still good though, and I bought some stuff off them. (Toby's a good salesman, I managed to buy the Champions of Sound 7 inch though I don't have a record deck of my own and the BLD tab book though I don't play much guitar...) My friend who I dragged along to the show kept trying to hit on Mia though. That was fucking embarassing. But she was either oblivious or has a high tolerance for drunken creepy guys.

If the gig with Jesu next week goes ahead I might make the trip again but right now it's not looking good...

yeah, Bodie and Dan are stuck in France, so they had to do some quick lineup reshuffling for the UK dates. I know Toby/Mia/Terran/etc. are really sorry about it--they have been heavily rehearsing old Kayo Dot material for these shows--but until UK passport control allows Bodie in (I'm not sure of the details, but I heard that he got nervous and answered a question wrong and got banned from the country...what the fuck?!) I don't know what else they could do.

I'm sure they appreciate that you Brits are going out to support them, though! go to Amsterdam for their full-on Kayo Dot shows! :)

but until UK passport control allows Bodie in (I'm not sure of the details, but I heard that he got nervous and answered a question wrong and got banned from the country

Dan and I are sorry about it too, you know. And I answered a question truthfully that I didn't see why it would matter to a UK border guard(and shouldn't since it didn't involve his country), after that he brought me into a room and kept attacking every answer I had to his questions until he got an answer that he knew he could use against me, and that's just what he did. In the meantime, I'm eating cheese sandwiches in calais until I can meet up again with my friends!

you got a bad guard, then, bodie...funny thing is that the worst border guard I've ever had was going into CANADA! I thought they were supposed to be so nice, but I guess not.

Hugely disapointed that we didn't get to see Kayo Dot, but the Tartar Lamb performance was very impressive no the less, incase anyone was put off attending the shows.

I've heard from other people that border control nowerdays are power crazed, utterly humourless knobheads, so don't feel too bad about it lads...

I had the good fortune to witness Toby, Mia and Terran last night at the oh so intimate cardigan arms in leeds.

It was a very moving set, even though I must confess, despite being a long time Kayo Dot fan, I hadn't heard the Tartar Lamb material prior to the gig.

HOWEVER, they treated us to a rendition of 'Azure-Lidded World'(?) As an almost 'encore'. I've included a question mark because you know how it is with gigs, you can get song titles mixed up if you don't have the track list on hand to reference... either way, it was beautiful and definitely the highlight of the gig for me, probably because it was the only track to include Toby's falsetto and that I was familiar with.

I can't say the gig was a disapointment at all. It was a great showcase of Mia and Toby's musical chemistry.

Edit (added paragraph):
Mia jamming with Manatees was also an absolute treat. I play in an avant-garde blackmetal band which has violin as a main instrument, so I thought I knew what to expect... but the moment the bow touched the string my hairs stood so sharply on end that it probably looked like my clothes had been inflated with hot-air.

The one thing I will say is having bore witness to actual Kayo Dot material live, it's made me ravenous to catch the full line-up in the future. Not to mention I made an assumption that they wouldn't ever play Choirs of the Eye material live again based on the fact that alot of bands who let go of their metal-ness don't usually look back... so to hear they are playing old material as a full line up is really exciting. The Manifold Curiosity is by far my favourite piece of music. I remember years ago I got it off the Kayo Dot website and purged on it. Then I didn't listen for a long time... first time I remebered that piece of music and listened to it again was an emotionally paralysing revelation... clenched teeth... tears welling up... losing control of my breething... just so ver' ver' good.

also I have seen Choirs stuff emerge from time to time, even recently--I think that Choirs is not really a metal album, even though it was received as such when it came out, so they're still into playing it. just, without the four guitars they used to have, it might be...different.

azure-lidded world is the poem so I'd be surprised if it was that...not wayfarer or pitcher of summer?

I thought I recognised the lyric "They fondly dance into an open window. And fondly dance with mine". I just can't remember which individual track this is from?

I think I jumped the gun trying to work out what song it's from without just listening to the albums.

And you're right, choirs isn't metal... it's just got two riffs I would say are metal riffs on it haha (right at the very end of 'Manifold Curiosity' and the little chug-fest in 'Antique'). Bit of a waste of time referencing 'genre' with Kayo Dot anyway.

kayo-dot-Tom.jpg

Poster from the Leeds show. Was just reading every thread ever on this forum and found one where people said they like posters... and I liked this poster.

Looked better when printed because it softened the editing and made the goat hill look more like a goat hill and less like an obviously edited goat over a hill.