Shirts

Sweet, I'm hoping the new line of merch will include a black zipped hoodie with the Bork logo on the chest and a huge dragon logo on the back.

Damn, that's too bad... So which one did you get, with the band on front or back?
When I went to the concert I bought one with the "dragon" logo on front :)

I got the one with the band on the front.

Actually, it was a men's shirt - I really don't like 'girly' shirts a whole lot.
i thought so :) what i meant was, i can understand that guys don't want to wear shirts with pics of other guys on them :D but it's a bit different for the girls, although it does depend a lot on who's on the picture i guess ;) on the other hand, i also don't see many guys wearing shirts with girls' pictures on them :loco:

This is very interesting reading, I apprechiate you all giving feedback on motives, types and such. Keep doing so, I'm taking notes here:

- Hoodies
- Girlies
- variation between "heavy" motives and less heavy motives
-More logo, less pictures
-no tourdates other then dedicated tour- shirts

My personal fav is the Hoodie we made with the dragon on front and logo on back yes. Will have to rethink something like that, I don't think those have been available since Quintessence release.

How does everyone feel about:
- patches
- Back patches (you know, the ones you sow onto the back of a jacket or west)
- caps/ headgarb
- stickers/ posters/ buttons

We have never been merch- heavy with Borknagar and you will not see us going CoF on you, but we do intend to pick it up a notch :)

@ Jens

My thoughts about what you mentioned

1. Patches: Always good. And as there is already that dragon style patch in the limited edition box of "Universal", there is no need to produced that one again, but i would still buy other patches (okay, i already got two of them^^ )

2. Backpatches: I dont see any reasons to make some of them. BP are mostly for west (the german Word is "Kutte", you know that jeans thing full of patches. I`m still looking for a correct translation...) and to be honest: Borknagar isnt that kind of band, many of "these guys" listen to, sadly. At the Oberhausen show, i was one of the few guys wearing a "Kutte". I made my Borknagar myself ("Empiricism") by rippin´ a shirt apart and it worked quite well ;-). i dont know (and doubt it), that you guys will sell many of those. But if you guys are really going to produce some of them, Just the logo and the dragon underneath.

3. caps/ headgarb: Not my cup of tea. Not wearing any of those at all.

4. Poster/Sticker/ Buttons: Isnt "Indie Rec" producing any for promotional use? I mean, i still got your "Quintessence" and "Empiricism" posters here "Century Media" made... But the "Universal" cover would be great as a poster motive!

Shirts/ Hoodies/ Girlies: A must have nowadays, imo. Still prefer the style you already mentioned, especially as a hoodie. And my girlfriend would love a girlie (and i would like to see her in one of them ;) ) and the other girls here on the board or around the world, as well, i`m pretty sure.

JM2C

I'd love posters, not so keen on the other stuff though.

Yeah this. I'd like patches if I knew how to sew and had something to sew them onto, but alas I do not. :lol:

My personal fav is the Hoodie we made with the dragon on front and logo on back yes. Will have to rethink something like that, I don't think those have been available since Quintessence release.

Yes yes yes. :worship:

This is very interesting reading, I apprechiate you all giving feedback on motives, types and such. Keep doing so, I'm taking notes here:

- Hoodies
- Girlies

- patches
- caps/ headgarb

My opinions:

- Hoodies - YES. Lots of people love them.

- Girlies - again, YES. While I don't wear them, there are a lot more women into the BM scene than is stereotypically thought, and giving us clothes that fit a more female form is a good way of catering to that.

- variation between "heavy" motives and less heavy motives - I prefer less heavy motives. I like to be able to wear my band shirts to work, so I prefer a less 'metal' looking design.

-More logo, less pictures - I prefer no band members on shirts, but this is just my preference.

-no tourdates other then dedicated tour- shirts - Don't care really.

- patches - No opinion.

- Back patches (you know, the ones you sow onto the back of a jacket or west) - no opinion

- caps/ headgarb - no opinion

- stickers/ posters/ buttons YES YES YES. I would LOVE Borky stickers and buttons, and would use both heavily. Couldn't really care about posters.

Thank you for asking us! :headbang:

Hoodies for sure. Lots of them. Hoodies and more hoodies. I like them very simple. Something with just the band logo on the front would be perfect for me.
About caps, I wouldn't mind having one with the dragon. But band caps are expensive so I don't actually buy them.
Poster yes, definitely. I would love to have one, I'm getting tired of my Taxi Driver poster on the wall. :lol:
Tshirts and girlies are always welcome I think. Buttons would be a good idea, I would like to have 1 or 2.

T-shirts/hoodies/etx = YES, please. It's really hard to find Borknagar stuff nowadays. I love shirts just with the logo on it. You can use it even to work.

I also vote for posters.

i thought you'd never ask..... :p

- hoodies - don't care as long as they're just for the guys. And there are really not many bands out there who do have female hoodies, so i guess Borknagar won't make them either...

- girlies - obviously, YES!!! and dare i say, the sexy model please!! the one with straps or something. But since there are none at all so far, anything would do really.

- variation between "heavy" motives and less heavy motives - don't really care, as long as it's tasty and really beautiful design!

- more logo, less pictures - yes.

- no tourdates other then dedicated tour- shirts - Don't care really.

- patches - yes yes yes!

- backpatches (you know, the ones you sow onto the back of a jacket or west) - agrees with Oerko who's got a really good point there. So: no.

- caps/ headgarb - i don't wear such things.

- stickers / buttons - meh.

- posters - please please please, here's what the band pictures are for, imo!! I don't like posters with cd covers or other abstract designs on them, but i would totally LOVE to have a huuuuuuuge band picture on my door :worship: god knows how many hours i've wasted googling for hi rez band pictures to have them printed in a copy shop because band posters with band pictures on them seem to be non-existent these days :cry:

Thnx for asking us! :D

Jens:

- patches: yes! I already have one (unofficial I think) on my backpack, and will get another one with the limited edition of Universal, but sure, keep 'm coming!

- Back patches: no thanks, I don't have a patch jacket. maybe produce a small quantity, I'm sure there are plenty of metalheads out there who'd like one.

- caps/ headgarb: Nope.

- stickers/ posters/ buttons: a poster would be awesome.

- Hoodies
- Girlies

- patches
- caps/ headgarb

We have never been merch- heavy with Borknagar and you will not see us going CoF on you, but we do intend to pick it up a notch :)

I would absolutely love hoodies with the logo on the front and dragon on the back, or backwards :headbang: . Patches are good, but I prefer posters. In general I think that most people want shirts or stuff to wear. Really, a hoodie would be excellent :kickass: .

Someone mentioned the KISS method in another thread, I certainly think that goes for clothing as well. Simple and stylish.

Hoodies - Moving away from my previous statement, i think a hoodie with the album cover (PICTURE ONLY!) over the entire back, and a small Borknagar logo or the dragon logo on the left-hand chest would be splendid!
A hoodie with no album connection, as the one you mentioned would also be lovely.

Shirts - Yes! T-shirt, longsleeve, keep em coming! (not too colourful though, have nightmares about all those Manowar shirts going round!)

Patches - Could be fun. Buy from time to time, but never get around to using them. No backpatch for my sake, but the German audience would maybe like one?

Caps/Headgarb - Not a caps-man myself, but one of those beany hats that are so popular nowadays would be nice. Just the dragon-logo, please. (it's so freaking cold here, I use them all the time...:rolleyes:)

Stickers/Posters/Buttons - As with patches, stickers and buttons are fun but rarely get around to using them. Not a big poster user...

Misc - Ever thought about doing like a necklace or something with the dragon-logo? Probably wouldn't use it myself, as I'm not much into accessorising (see, I can't even spell it :lol:), but others might like it?
(ups, just saw that one in the box edition. forget I mentioned it ;))

As our 'interine' mod Defiance said, let's use this thread to talk about t-shirts.

I just have the Epic t-shirt, which kick ass, but I would love an Universal t-shirt with a small dragon logo at front and a bigger Borknagar logo at back with the album cover.

I'm thinking on a custom-made t-shirt. I already have 3: one for Arcturus (just red logo at front), Kampfar (white logo at front) and Uaral (same as Kampfar).

I'm not sure if there is a chance of getting some merch at the gigs? at least tour t-shirts!

As our 'interine' mod Defiance said, let's use this thread to talk about t-shirts.

I just have the Epic t-shirt, which kick ass, but I would love an Universal t-shirt with a small dragon logo at front and a bigger Borknagar logo at back with the album cover.

I'm thinking on a custom-made t-shirt. I already have 3: one for Arcturus (just red logo at front), Kampfar (white logo at front) and Uaral (same as Kampfar).

I'm not sure if there is a chance of getting some merch at the gigs? at least tour t-shirts!

Har har "interim mod", love that.

But unless I do something crazy, I won't be able to buy those precious shirts at the gigs…. I need at least $250, which I don't have.