Shoes

Marcus, you need to check out the authentics and slip-ons - those are the ''Vans'' that I'm almost positive everyone is referring to, and they're not at all big or poofy, and look awful with baggy pants.

Hell, I'm the guy who gets his jeans tailored to be more form-fitting, and I like very few other shoes!

This. Vans fucking own.

Hawaiana sandals:
HavaianasMens-Havaianas80000290001434_medium_PRODUCT_ANGLE_28215.png

Use them all time..to work, to hang out with my family (my wife hates it). Cost like $7 a pair

I also have a couple pairs of Adidas (a campus II, and another one that makes me look like a clown) and a couple of pairs from kinda social shoes (Mr. Cat, very gay name, but very confortable).

24827150_b1.jpg

vans-authentic-white.jpg

vansAUTHENTICBLACK.jpg

These are my current shoes! I'll rock vans till I die, sturdy as fuck, comfortable, last YEARS even with skating.

classicblksidel.gif

Picture2jpg.png

And these bad boy slippers in summer

Hawaiana sandals:
HavaianasMens-Havaianas80000290001434_medium_PRODUCT_ANGLE_28215.png

Use them all time..to work, to hang out with my family (my wife hates it). Cost like $7 a pair

I also have a couple pairs of Adidas (a campus II, and another one that makes me look like a clown) and a couple of pairs from kinda social shoes (Mr. Cat, very gay name, but very confortable).

I think you mean Havaianas.
And err, I don't think they're for guys at all. I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure they're thongs made with females in mind.
I know many of my female friends wear them, never met a male who owns any.

Cant believe nobody has said Diesel

Heh, guess our culture is more different to yours than we thought.
Diesel is another kind of thing most closely associated with douchebags here.
I know that through high school, the only guys I saw wearing them were the "popular" crowd guys who were complete fucking self absorbed cunts.
And then they seemed to have just faded in popularity a bit.

Many, many American men wears these religiously

Haha, weird, my bad then.
Maybe you Americans get different designs for males or something, but all the ones I see here are just girly looking, and consequently only girls really wear them.

My father was a bank executive my entire life until he retired about 8 years ago - he hammered into me that every respectable man should own a good pair of Wingtips and the classiest shoe ever made - a quality pair of Patent Leather shoes. If you have those two types of shoes you are set for most formal affairs and any business dress requirements. While I do for the most part wear Oxfords most days or my Cabela's Slides (see below) possibly the most comfortable pair of shoes I've ever owned, I do like my sneakers too - Montrail Sabino Trail GTX - trail running sneakers. I overpronate when I'm running and they are designed to help with it - pretty damned comfortable too.

s7_823534_888_01

I think you mean Havaianas.
And err, I don't think they're for guys at all. I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure they're thongs made with females in mind.
I know many of my female friends wear them, never met a male who owns any.

Yeah, Havaianas, Hawaianas, whatever :p

In Brazil, everyone uses 'em, and they have models for both male and females (also for babies and kids). And after David Beckham appeared using those, they've become fashionable clothing items for some. My wife wanted that i bought those cool leather sandals but this isn't for me. Havaianas ftw.

Well, just bought a new blue pair today. Mine was almost 1yo and my foot was drawn into the rubber :tickled:

Btw, now you've met a man who uses 'em :D

I HATE those hipster slip on things. They're dreadful, and look to have no support, obviously