Short but cool interview

I never had a questions that Joey could still sing. He has an incredible voice and I have always known this despite what all the Bushthrax fans wanted to believe and even what Scat had said about him in interviews.

My question is whether or not the rest of the band still knows how to write great ANTHRAX songs. So far from the 2 new songs I am not overly impressed. Time will tell...

Nice interview though thanks for posting

I remember, when they were first recording this album with Nelson, there was a video somewhere of him singing Crawl in studio and someone mentioned it sounded a bit like Inside Out.

I like how they suck Joey's cock so much! Why wouldn't someone remind them of the lion and the bird thing? :lol:

I like how they suck Joey's cock so much! Why wouldn't someone remind them of the lion and the bird thing? :lol:

Exactly, I'd love to hear an interview where someone confronts Scat about the Lion Vs. Bird thing with Joey in the same room. Ask Scat why he and his wife both were so die hard about dissing Joey and pumping up John Bush and now he is saying how amazing Joey is. Is Joey all of a sudden amazing or did Scat just have poor judgment?

The comments about the bird and the lion was just ridiculous ...

But sitting on TV and comparing your own (ex-)singers like this, oh man ...

It wouldn't be the first time Scott has made a mistake with running the band haha. But when I heard Joey singing man on the silver mountain recently I knew he still had it and arguably his voice is even stronger than ever.

The lion/bird thing is made to be much bigger that it was. I just watched that That Metal Show episode where it's said, and it is not a big deal. They are debating who was the better vocalist for Anthrax and Scott (and Pearl) say Bush. Not a single bad word about Joey. One of the hosts then says that Joey sings beautifully, like bird and then Scott says 'we need a lion, not a bird'.

Not a big deal.

Exactly. People around here are drama queens who like to play up on people's words and make big deals out of fuck all. Days of our fucking lives.

The band is moving forwards.....do the same thing.

One of the hosts then says that Joey sings beautifully, like bird and then Scott says 'we need a lion, not a bird'.

Not a big deal.

And now what?? They have a 'bird' which they didn't need on vocals and scott is licking his nuts now. What changed? Did Joey all of a sudden turn into a Lion? Or did Scott underestimate the power of the birds voice? Or is it all just one big bullshit act all together?

And now what?? They have a 'bird' which they didn't need on vocals and scott is licking his nuts now. What changed? Did Joey all of a sudden turn into a Lion? Or did Scott underestimate the power of the birds voice? Or is it all just one big bullshit act all together?
Whether it is or not, I'm not worrying about it. I'm just looking forward to buying the album and seeing them live again and loving my favorite band again.

I remember, when they were first recording this album with Nelson, there was a video somewhere of him singing Crawl in studio and someone mentioned it sounded a bit like Inside Out.

Yeah, it made me a little sick too. Don't they know they sound like feebs? They have said this EVERY time they switched singers (and back again). Unbelievable. I will say this to the Joey-boys, he does sound good. Possibly his best since STD.

They have said this EVERY time they switched singers (and back again). Unbelievable.

Which is why these bands, not just Anthrax but all bands should think before they start talking shit about former band members in public. I never understood all of the insults in the music industry directed towards former bandmates. You never know, things can change and you might end up working with that person again down the road and now you have to deal with what you said.

Look at Van Halen for example. Same deal as Anthrax, when Dave left, Eddie and Dave both talked trash about the other for YEARS. Now, they need to work together.

I've never liked hearing my favorite bands tear each other apart in the press. Hopefully more bands will start to get it and just shut up.

And now, I'll shut up.:lol:

I wish someone would ask them these kind of questions. I'm not sure if every band does this but Scott and Charlie sure are experts at it. I mean, they were all like Nelson was the best singer they'd ever had, then suddenly in 2009 it was John Bush who they ever wanted and no one else, they were slagging the 2005 reunion, and suddenly here we go again. How about Rob Caggiano? I remember his infamous and pissed off interview back then when reunion happened. Maybe he shall be asked those type of questions.

Which is why these bands, not just Anthrax but all bands should think before they start talking shit about former band members in public. I never understood all of the insults in the music industry directed towards former bandmates. You never know, things can change and you might end up working with that person again down the road and now you have to deal with what you said.

Look at Van Halen for example. Same deal as Anthrax, when Dave left, Eddie and Dave both talked trash about the other for YEARS. Now, they need to work together.

I've never liked hearing my favorite bands tear each other apart in the press. Hopefully more bands will start to get it and just shut up.

This happens everywhere. In racing, among friends, and relationships. It's 'the heat of the moment' kind of thing where you might say things you don't really mean. Once all cools down.... all is ok.
I do understand that sometimes it may have to do with the business and selling records.
I don't care about the past. It's just music. All I care about is where they are now and take it from there. If Joey leaves tomorrow i'll be fine with that....if Bush comes back I'll be fine with that....if Nelson comes back.....er....I may have a problem with that lol. Na, it's all good. That's what they have CD's and mp3's for. You can Listen to whatever era you want when they are gone. :devil:

Here's something very intelligent than some guy posted while you were away:

I was just thinking that Anthrax's situation is just like Van Halen's:
- At the height of their popularity both bands fire their lead singers.

- The new versions of both bands manage to succeed, but some old fans can't get into their new music, even though the "new" guys have been in the band longer than the former singers.

- Both bands fire (well, depends on who you ask) their second singers. They get their first singers back, but it doesn't work out in the long run.

- Both bands find a third singer, make an album, but in the end it just doesn't work out.

- Both bands get their second singers back for a money making tour, but nothing happens after that.

- Both bands catch the fans off guard, and get their first singers back again, without one original bass or guitar player, but "this time it's for real".

Even though Van Halen fucked things up royally, I'm pretty optimistic that Anthrax will do well. They deserve it after years of chaos. (Van Halen don't.)

And now both bands are about to release new album with the old singer for the first time in 20 years or more.