Short killer songs are deadly.

May 25, 2002
Montreal, Quebec
Visit site
I dunno for you guys but i always thought those short songs of Testament like C.O.T.L.O.D and Legions Of The Dead were fucking killer. They're short enough to make you thrash the whole song without having to stop/get out of the pit, AND fast enough to go fucking nuts in the pit when it's playing. I hope the guys composed a new one for the new record. They sure are God-sends metal composers. :worship:
Discuss. :)

Yeah... I really dig those short, IN YOUR FACE songs... I think DNR qualifies... after all, it's just a bit over 3 minutes... The whole Reign In Blood album is mainly composed of short songs... Epidemic comes to mind :kickass:

Here a list of my favorite asskickers...

-Annihilator - Reaction
-Testament - COTLOD
-Slayer - Epidemic
-Metallica - Motorbreath
-Megadeth - The Disintegrators
-Nuclear Assault - New Song
-Exodus - Thrash Under Pressure
-Testament - Nightmare
-Overkill - I Hate

I know it's not thrash but it comes damn close...
-Gun's N Roses - Right Next Door To Hell

Insania said:
That one is fuckin' great!!! My favorite song from Nuclear Assault...

Me too... Well.. The whole Handle with care album is really great! I have a very soft spot for the song Sin also... I just love the vocals on that one!

Torture Tactics is the most underrated NA song ever... The song a redifined the standards of thrash with groove!

Without a doubt, the greatest short song ever is "Piranha," because it contains the SINGLE GREATEST GUITAR RIFF OF ALL FUCKING TIME. That verse riff. holy shit.

There are a lot of other good ones too, like Brainstorm's "Holy War" and the aforementioned "I Hate" and "Motorbreath"...the only thing wrong with those songs is that you want them to go on and on

i am trully amazed you all forgot about one song !
the definition of thrash ... i always give this one as a definition of thrash
2:46 only but i could listen to it for hours on repeat ... one of my TEstament top 10 ... especially the FSSD version with "Storm's" feet work ... INTO THE FUCKIN" PIT !!!!!

!!!!!!!!!