Short sound snippets of Engl Victor Smolski

CronosBeyond

Apr 5, 2007
Germany
www.far-beyond.com
Lasse said that my Engl VS is no real amp compared to his Bogner Uberschall :D So perhaps those samples can change his mind ;) Personally I like the sound very much - but it's the first Engl 'till now I really like.

Here are the snippets:
- in the mix, guitars doubled: mp3
- guitars only, doubled: mp3
- one guitar left, one guitar right: mp3

I hope I won't get slaughtered in this not-Engl-friendly area here :D

looking forward to giving this a listen later.
I'm expecting something from this amp, reviews were great and description is intrigueing...an Engl with a raw and dynamic sound...could actually turn out to be a great amp..

Many people around here do actually like Engl....they all seem to be from finland though ;)

I'm picking this amp up at the end of the month and It's nice to hear some good clips to add confidence to my purchase. Sounds awesome!

Question: When you say guitars doubled, do you mean 2 seperate takes, 1 left/1 right? Or two takes per side? I always thought the latter was quad-tracking as it is 4 seperate performances.

Question: When you say guitars doubled, do you mean 2 seperate takes, 1 left/1 right? Or two takes per side? I always thought the latter was quad-tracking as it is 4 seperate performances.

I thought doubling was the right term. I have 4 seperate takes, 2 left and 2 right.

Nice! It sounds a lot like my PB II, but cleaner. Definately less fizz than the PB. What channel is this? I'm waiting on a VS to arrive later this month.

It's channel 3. It would be great to hear a comparison between both amps when you have them! :)

I'm also far from beeing an ENGL fanboi, but so far everything I heared from the Smolski amp was really cool!
Heared that it is based on the powerball...doesn't sound a lot like it to me tho, which is a good thing ;)
Savage still is a great amp tho, even if it is from ENGL.

Clips are nice!

Jep, can confirm almost everything posted above.

<-- ENGL Fanboy, got a V.S. myself, awesome amp

Great clips! Which cab did you use here?

actually really reminds me of my powerball, i have the older model, which to my ears is less compressed, and de-fizzed with modded tubes.