Short TGM clip with re-amped guitar tracks instead ot the POD XT tracks..

I am still feeling the guitars are just "there" as opposed to being THERE Bob. Does that make sense lol? Keep em coming!

I agree. Again, I think the tone of the guitars sounds good, but its not fitting in the pocket like the other mixes. I hope that makes sense too.

Is there a version of this very same song with xt tracks? I would like to compare them . The green channel clip is great .

Sure, check out the myspace link.. go for "cell 600".. exact same settings on most plugs, probably different snare and kick samples, but it's minimal and it should do for a decent A/B.

I'll tidy up the startpost once more clips start rolling in.. im still happy with the green channel.

Really can't hear the guitars yet, but I'm sure some tweaking will have this mix sounding realllyyy fucken good. :D

call me crazy, cooky or wacky but I think your POD tones sound best....Most don't know you are using a POD to begin with and are blown away when they find out....I'd just stick to what works.

hehe.. i kind of was expecting people to like them better carcass.. in fact, im in between at the moment as well to be honest.
Im probably getting some more re-amped tracks pretty soon, so we'll see what i can do.. i need to tweak these as well, because solo these guitar tracks sound GREAT! once i throw them into my mix they get a bit drowned so i should tweak a bit more.

Any tips from you guys? i maxed the volume on the guitars, they are cracking slighlty so i cant really turn them up much more.. i boosted a wee bit at 500/600Hz to add some mid as well, plus cut a wee bit off as well to avoid them being too fizzy.

The biggest thing that I notice is that the 5150 clips are not as balanced in the frequency spectrum. For instance, in the original versions, the kick sounds huge in relation to the mix. In the 5150 clips, the kick seems really small because there is so much more perceived low end in the guitars. I think you might want to play around with cutting a lot of low end from the 5150 clips if you want it to fix into the existing mix. Or you could have so real fun and mix from the ground up around the guitars!

Have not gotten back to this yet, but i appreciate the feedback guys!

I have updated a new version:

http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/546041/Cell 600 POD 5150 combo extra mastering.mp3

Can also be found in the openings post, it's basically 60% POD XT tracks, and 40% 5150 tracks ..
I think the POD still has that sort of dead, sterile feeling to it, but i also think that it fits in the mix better.
I added some mastering as well for more bite and agression.. what say you!?

i dont know bob i also think your pod sounds better with the music you make i think its the best pod tone i've heard maybe if you put a nice tube preamp after it, it might sound warmer and organic....

YESS! I really like this tone...and the mix really shines now too, Bob. Suddenly my head gets a funny urge to bang up and down rapidly with each press of the play button. My vox sound more present than ever too :kickass:

was that the green channel?

YESS! I really like this tone...and the mix really shines now too, Bob. Suddenly my head gets a funny urge to bang up and down rapidly with each press of the play button. My vox sound more present than ever too :kickass:

was that the green channel?

That was (i have to check to be sure) the red channel of the 5150.. glad you dig it Trevor, cool new pic btw!

Have not gotten back to this yet, but i appreciate the feedback guys!

I have updated a new version:

http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/546041/Cell 600 POD 5150 combo extra mastering.mp3

Can also be found in the openings post, it's basically 60% POD XT tracks, and 40% 5150 tracks ..
I think the POD still has that sort of dead, sterile feeling to it, but i also think that it fits in the mix better.
I added some mastering as well for more bite and agression.. what say you!?

Holy fucking christ