Short TGM clip with re-amped guitar tracks instead ot the POD XT tracks..

Oh man, I SO much prefer the Krank clip, the 5150 fizz just can't hold a candle to the Krank's grind IMO! Maybe try it without the Pod in there though?

Oh man, I SO much prefer the Krank clip, the 5150 fizz just can't hold a candle to the Krank's grind IMO! Maybe try it without the Pod in there though?

I'll do that later on today hopefully, i need to lower everything else in the mix as i can't boost the krank clips in volume too much as they then start clipping.. so'll have to lower all other samples and instruments, which will affect samples and compression, so it might take a while.. but i'll give it a go. :kickass:

Damn...on the fourth clip I was quite close to crap my pants! (And it seems that you moved that *Listen up...*thingy on different spot in the song).
Hmm...otherwise this is a thought choice. Krank/pod sounded quite gritty and good. 5150/pod sounded a bit fizzy but a bit clearer. Both channels of 5150's sounded good but I think those tones with pods fitted better in the mix... Any of them isn't "perfect" in my ear. I'm so used (as many other) to your old pod xt tone. Okay...I say Krank/pod because it's little bit heavier than the others. Good job with the new song, hope we hear it completed soon! Allways loved your stuff!

How about this?...we do a cover contest(like the Pantera drum track Bob posted a few years ago)....covering your favorite TGM song and Bob can post some midi tracks to help us along...I'm down for that...whadda ya say Bob?

Here's my reamping attempt. Keep in mind that this is an unmastered version so adjust your volume when comparing.

https://dl.getdropbox.com/u/868701/Cell%20600%20Splat%20reamp.mp3

Nice dude. What did you reamp with? I felt like the 5150 green channel was the best initially but it lacked the presence that I think it needed in the mix. Additionally the krank/pod mix added presence however, it was as mentioned earlier, sterile. I think your reamps got mega body as well as cut. Good work.

Nice dude. What did you reamp with? I felt like the 5150 green channel was the best initially but it lacked the presence that I think it needed in the mix. Additionally the krank/pod mix added presence however, it was as mentioned earlier, sterile. I think your reamps got mega body as well as cut. Good work.

Thanks! It was done with the Gearbox plugin and the patches that I use on most my songs.

Splatt

Bob has been meaning to give me the guitarless mix but hasn't yet. Could you PM me the link. I just took a shot in the dark with the reamps. I want to use it to slot the guitars in. Thanks. He pm'd me before and didn't include the link again. :lol:

Rob Logic , I can assure that the raw Krank tracks are not sterile on there own, IMHO. I think since the song is only double-tracked (for the most part) that the combination of the same track played twice per side, (once with pod and once with amp) make it sound a little weird when they are combined, maybe.

Here are the just the Krank tracks slapped together with the backing-track. Just HP/LP on the guitars. I am sure they could be eq'd better to fit.

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?ymf3kjjatyi

Wow, big difference than the ones mixed with the pod. The pod top end was sticking out a bit much in the earlier one which I think was what I was hearing. For just HP/LP that's a killer tone.

@Splat your capabilities with that plugin are ridiculous.

Okay, Jocke aka The Dude added some re-amped tracks.. I added them in the openingspost of this thread.. these are not mastered yet so im looking for feedback purely on the guitartone and what you guys think would fit the most.

I wish i could add a poll, but it seems i might have to set up a new thread for that purpose, will do that later once i have the files and mixed them over here... cheers Jocke.

One more thing, the Rev and Krank re-amped files contain a faulty DI track that i recorded badly, the Axe FX DI track is much better, so pay no attention to certain cuts and out of rhytm parts on the Rev and Krank files please. :)

OMG, i love that Burn Bright song!!! Bob, could you share with me a backing track (without guitar + vocal) of your song? I really want to make a cover of it ^:)^