• Good

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Bad

• Depends

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Most if not all animals shouldn't be used for entertaiment.

but, if there are no zoos then the elementary school kids won't have any where to go on their field trips

(not completely sure if i should have said this sarcastically or seriously)

The thing about keeping orcas in captivity, if we didnt...we wouldn't know what we know today and would be out there killing them all. And hell, Sea World breeds their own now, they dont catch wild orcas.
And you absolutely can not release ANY of these whales back out. It's been proven with Keiko

Zoos aren't just displaying animals, they breed & keep species from dying out from human cause. Turtles are going to be near extinct if it weren't for private keepers. The SDWAP saved the Arabian Oryx and reintroduced them to the wild. Maybe individuals aren't even wild caught anymore, they're bred for collections.
You can buy and keep a zebra if you wanted.

Pets like dogs, cats, horses, pigs, etc the domestics are fine for entertainment, they are bred & raised by people.

I do not condone keeping wild cat species as pets, that is the WORST thing you can do.

Leave those to the animal organizations.

but, if there are no zoos then the elementary school kids won't have any where to go on their field trips

(not completely sure if i should have said this sarcastically or seriously)

Exactly, I would be out of my job! (i drive a schoolbus)

This was a great post by Rookie Bassist, even though he only stated the obvious but did it so well.

The thing about keeping orcas in captivity, if we didnt...we wouldn't know what we know today and would be out there killing them all. And hell, Sea World breeds their own now, they dont catch wild orcas.
And you absolutely can not release ANY of these whales back out. It's been proven with Keiko

Zoos aren't just displaying animals, they breed & keep species from dying out from human cause. Turtles are going to be near extinct if it weren't for private keepers. The SDWAP saved the Arabian Oryx and reintroduced them to the wild. Maybe individuals aren't even wild caught anymore, they're bred for collections.

Pets like dogs, cats, horses, pigs, etc the domestics are fine for entertainment, they are bred & raised by people.

I do not condone keeping wild cat species as pets, that is the WORST thing you can do.

i agree with this post

Keiko wasn't doing too well before he was free. Then he did and he got sick and died on the same day.