Should I build a bunch of reamp boxes?

ArtGarceau

Jan 24, 2007
Chicago
I've built my own reamp boxes with a ground lift, impedance, and level controls. A few of my buddies want them and I'm debating on whether or not I should build a whole bunch and sell em off.

What are your opinions?

Share the schematic?:)

here you are

reamp.jpg

and artG: go for it, if it's cheap (problem here might be the tranny) I'd take one.

You are correct about that transformer. That sucker costs about $70 alone. I'm talking with different transformer companies like Cinemag, Lundahl, Sowter, Altran, and Edcor to try getting a high quality yet low cost transformer.

As of now I can get the Edcor transformers for about $10 a pop. I've used them in other builds including mic preamps and compressors with good results.

I'm trying to keep the whole build less than $50, but not making sacrifices in quality. It'd be the only full featured reamp for under $100 that I know of.

You are correct about that transformer. That sucker costs about $70 alone. I'm talking with different transformer companies like Cinemag, Lundahl, Sowter, Altran, and Edcor to try getting a high quality yet low cost transformer.

As of now I can get the Edcor transformers for about $10 a pop. I've used them in other builds including mic preamps and compressors with good results.

I'm trying to keep the whole build less than $50, but not making sacrifices in quality. It'd be the only full featured reamp for under $100 that I know of.

That's a good price. I'm interested.

here you are

reamp.jpg

and artG: go for it, if it's cheap (problem here might be the tranny) I'd take one.

What is the value of the resister in the left hand corner in the ground lift (looks like it says 51 but I am thinking it is supposed to be 5k or something)? Also I am having a hard time seeing if that is a cap or not right undernieth it (the one valued at 10n).

would you reccomend an Edcor transformer for a guitar splitter?