should i try this...

Try it if the pay is good, and see if you like it. If you don't like it, just tell them it isn't what you expected or you don't have time for it anymore or something and be done with it. It'd be experience playing in front of a crowd as well. What's the worst that could happen? :)

OpethianSoul said:
If you don't like it, just tell them it isn't what you expected or you don't have time for it anymore or something and be done with it.

:err: Or, you can just say you don't like it anymore.

Yeah, I would stray far, far away from country. Bumper sticker of the wise:

Stop the inbreeding; Ban country music.

lol you could impress them by your sick skillz, f00! ;)

actually I encourage this. maybe it isn't that ubercheezy country. you might have fun and maybe you could afford lessons. ;)

And after shows if people like what you've done maybe you could have burned CDs of your personal works to hand out to various fans in the crowd with your printed information and you'd have it made. :D

I tend to think that you will indeed, as Speedkill said, be permananely scarred, lol.

They need a drummer and a lead guitarist, from the small amounts of country that I have heard, you could probably play them both at the same time.

I say go for it, if it feels right. You never know, you might actually enjoy it, (not sure how, but the possibillity exists).

I was at a point before my band formed where I would have taken anything, because I truly love to play.

Lethe78 said:
They need a drummer and a lead guitarist, from the small amounts of country that I have heard, you could probably play them both at the same time.
:lol:

I wouldn't do it, but only because I don't like to play structured songs. It may be worth playing in front of a crowd though, that can be fun.

Without getting into a whole big thing here, it's comical to me that you all dismiss all country as crap because of your exposure to the garbage that Nashville subjects you too. Would you be upset if people based their opinions of metal on hearing Limp Bizkit and Mudvayne on the radio?

And a resounding yes from the audience.

I think you should do it. Since you will probably be the prime band-member, as lead guitarist, you could try and convert them and un-country them. Duuuude, imagine 'country-metal', that would be an eye-opener...:tickled:

I say try it out and if it sucks balls, jump ship. Like others have said, its worth trying if only to see what its like. Could be some 46 year old cowboy hat wearing guy though.