Should I upgrade my POD XT to an X3?

Rex Rocker

Call me Hugo!
Dec 21, 2007
Mexico
Do you guys think I should? Why or why not?

I'm thinking I'd get the advantage of the bass amp models. If I don't upgrade it, I'm still planning to get the Bass Expansion pack for my XT.

Is the tone improvement VERY pronounced? Is it worth it?

Thanks!

If you already have an XT, but an X3 used, otherwise don't bother, because I don't think it's worth upgrading unless you find one for at least 40 per cent below the retail cost.
If you plan to use one to play live however, definitely upgrade because the dual tone feature seriously beefs up the rhythm tones you can get.

Thank you for the reply. I'm still undecided, but yeah, if I can score a used one, which is unlikely, to be honest, I'll go for it.

FWIW dude, they cost 1299 AUD brand new in Australia, and I scored mine, including shipping for 590 AUD and when I received it, despite it being over a year old, it looked like it had been used for about 4 weeks and then put back in the box, so you can definitely score an awesome deal if you look around.

FWIW dude, they cost 1299 AUD brand new in Australia, and I scored mine, including shipping for 590 AUD and when I received it, despite it being over a year old, it looked like it had been used for about 4 weeks and then put back in the box, so you can definitely score an awesome deal if you look around.

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!?!?!??!?!?!? 1299 AUD FOR A POD!??!?! That's ridiculous to the point of being offensive, and you're not even talking about the rackmounted Pro, are you?

yea, i think i'm gonna stop complaining about prices of music gear since it seems like most people around the world get reemed compared to us here in the US. for example, i just sold a Rode mic to a guy in Australia. it was cheaper for him to buy it from me and pay $100 for shipping then buy one over there where theyre made. ridiculous!

yea, i think i'm gonna stop complaining about prices of music gear since it seems like most people around the world get reemed compared to us here in the US. for example, i just sold a Rode mic to a guy in Australia. it was cheaper for him to buy it from me and pay $100 for shipping then buy one over there where theyre made. ridiculous!

Same thing happens here in Chile. It is very difficult to have nice stuff when it arrives costing twice the original price.

Anyway if you can sell yours and buy the X3 with little price difference, go for it.

Holy shit! Do you guys seriously get those prices?

I bought my XT for roughly 10 or so bucks more than I see them on Musician's Friend and I'm a Latin-American folk as well.

Holy shit! Do you guys seriously get those prices?

I bought my XT for roughly 10 or so bucks more than I see them on Musician's Friend and I'm a Latin-American folk as well.

what part of latin america? in venezuela it's a total rip-off cause we have our dollars restricted to 400$ a year per person, it's insane. So things cost here 4/5 times the price in dollars because of that. I'm looking to upgrade to an X3 or a bass POD XT, all I have is a bass V-amp hahaha

^Mexico here. It kinda makes sense I get better deals, but I wouldn't have imagined the prices were so high over there.

^Mexico here. It kinda makes sense I get better deals, but I wouldn't have imagined the prices were so high over there.

Oh yeah they are, so you know, the "legal" price for dollars is 2,15Bsf=1 $, but on the street right now dollars are sold as high as 7 Bsf, because the only way to get legal price is with a credit card, for online buying and only 400$ a year. It's fucking dictatorship. I hate chavez btw

Yeah dude, I wouldn't have thought you'd only be able to get 400 dollars over there. Really really sucks.