Shout out to Suecoff/Mark-IF HOPE DIES-LIFE IN RUIN

Im definitely a fan of almost everything that has been touched by Audio Hammer Studios, Mark and Jason both. I was wondering if either of you guys could go back in time for a min and explain the production for IF HOPE DIES LIFE IN RUIN. That record is so TIGHT sounding and the high end hits so well. It really just sounds rad IMO.

I was wondering what the Guitar signal chain was:

GUITAR-PICK UP-MIC-MIC PRE-

Hope to hear from you guys,

-Ben

I know what the band uses live, no idea on the production.

Ward uses a ltd viper (85/81), ubershall and a VHT cab IIRC, he told me when I bought his bassman what his live rig was. I bought a madison off him as well, didn't surprise me that he wanted to dump it as it was a junk head. He owns a bunch of other amps as well and is constantly wheeling and dealing that shit. He is now doing tour support for New Found Glory and did tour support for Coheed as well.

Jackson was using a fucking madison divinity with a matching cab and it sounded like shit. My gues is your not hearing that on the record. He also played a ltd something (again 85/81). After the band he started a print company to do shirts for bands, buisnesses etc... He is currently in this band: http://www.myspace.com/braverdays He was in this band for a while after IHD: http://www.myspace.com/rogues315

Wakham was and I think still is using and endorsed by Orange County drums. I remember him being stoked on a purple sparkly snare drum that I thought was ugly because his kit is orange. :puke: :lol: Anyhow he is in these bands currently: http://www.myspace.com/theweaknessofficial He was in October Nites before that, but I can't find the fucking myspace.

Manowar just fucks around as far as I know. I don't think he is doing anything at the moment.

Pretty sure the gtr chain was an Ibanez with stock pickups, a 5150 through a Genz Benz 2x12, a Dual Recto through a Marshall 4x12 w/V30's, and both cabs mic'd with an SM57 and MD421 combo. Possibly swap each cab on each head, but I remember being told that when it came out a while back.

I texted Brian about it, but he hasn't hit me back yet. Hopefully will hear something soon. I am pretty positive he said Dual Rec and 5150 back when that went down.

When we played with them ('06 I think), both dudes were playing Divinity's through madison cabs. They sounded horrid. This was prior to the Divinity "revamp" and the subsequent Divinity II's and III's and also prior to Madison using Celestions in their cabs, so I'll attribute the horrid tones to that.

My Divinity head sounded great and my cabs (which I still own and use) sound killer with the stock Vintage 30's.

When we played with them ('06 I think), both dudes were playing Divinity's through madison cabs. They sounded horrid. This was prior to the Divinity "revamp" and the subsequent Divinity II's and III's and also prior to Madison using Celestions in their cabs, so I'll attribute the horrid tones to that.

My Divinity head sounded great and my cabs (which I still own and use) sound killer with the stock Vintage 30's.

Yeah I think Narin was using them. They have had a mirade of guitarists over the years. Thad has always used them as far as I know.

God I love everything about that album. It sounds amazing. I didn't even realize it produced/mixed/mastered by Suecof and engineered by Suecof and Lewis. Says so on the last page.

On the last page it also has logos for ESP, VHT, Mesa, Madison.

Roddy Piper's Magic Sunglasses is STILL my fav song by them..

-P