Show us your room treatment

Nebulous

Daniel
Dec 14, 2003
Brookfield, VIC, Australia
I know there is a "show us your setup" thread, but I was hoping we may be able to have one just for the people who have taken the plunge into treating their room, be it at home or stand alone studio.

I will contribute in about a years time when I have the right place to take the plunge.

So post away people. Show us what you've attempted to do to your room to improve acoustics, be it a hybrid, live room or control room.

It would also be interesting to list how many individual batts/ pieces of insulation your set up has required so as to educate others who are looking to do the same thing.

Sorry Dan, sod all going on here i'm afraid mate! My theory is that if I keep buying guitars and amps and placing them round the walls of my room, then the sound proofing will get better with every instance haha.

Been meaning to take a picture after I got it all covered, but it doesn't look like it's going to happen for a while. I'll see if I get a chance to snap a pic in a day or two with my horrid 3 megapix camera.

My girlfriend does mix editing and mastering as my assistant. She also works with me on tones and publishing stuff, like album artwork. The studio is small but prety powerfull. I will be moving in a yamaha keyboard today. I have big moniters to as you can see lol. The treatment is 2 bass traps at the face mixing wall. Modest diffusion on that same wall and the walls are pretty cluttered so there is some diffusion from that as well. The walls are all blanketed to keep warm. The heating is not the best in this room.
karenworking.jpg

rightflank-1.jpg

frontview.jpg

ampandcables.jpg

Bump.
Show us some more room treatment pics guys, I suspect Daniel is not the only guy interested.

Thanks for all the input so far lads. Harry hit it on the head too, the thread has had tons of views so there are lots of people interested. I also noticed in the "GAS- want to purchase" thread that alot of people are looking to start this in the near future.