showreel and CV templates for freelance engineers?

pikachu69

mixomatic 2000
Jun 7, 2010
New Zealand
Hello all,

I have spent a while building a rep as a freelance engineer and I am doing ok out of this both in the live scene and also in my project studio but I want to take it to the next level and work in a real studio.

I live in a small country which has maybe 3 or 4 pro level studios worth working in so the odds of getting a position in one is very slim indeed. In fact I have yet to step foot in a real studio... I hate being in a small country sometimes.

I am wanting to apply to these studios for an internship of some discription although this is not typically done here in NZ. Our biggest studio only takes interns fresh out of SAE and most others say on their websites to not bother trying lol but I am going to try none the less.

My question is, what do pro studios look for in an intern? What should I supply to them to give me the best possible chance?
I can only find the really shitty CV templates like Publisher etc. Is there a specific format I should have my CV in for sound engineering?
Do I bother with a showreel?
If any of you have a specific sound engineers' CV template please share ;)

Any advice will be greatly appreciated as I really need to try to further myself.

Cheers.
:kickass:

Man I mean I could tell you what was up for me but we are talking different countries so I don't know if it would be the same or not.

I will say from experience with a few of them that even at the meeeliooon dorrers (million dollars, I'm being dumb) mark things are pretty casual.