Sick of reunion songs on tour?

ballix

Jun 17, 2011
maybe if dan comes back we might get something other than the same old songs again and again, maybe get something from sown?, all this atl, soe,std is great but fucks sake change it up and play some bush songs, surely there is some that joey can do? otherwise its just laziness from them, worship music was great and the new songs live was nice and fresh after all the reunion 2005 and 2010, but as soon as thats done its same ol same ol, back to reunion 2013
my website: http://psychward44.webs.com/

If they can have another kick ass album out I really do think that wm and new one will b very strongly featured,time to move on to there next phase

If they can have another kick ass album out I really do think that wm and new one will b very strongly featured,time to move on to there next phase

Totally agree with that, i just dont see the point of constantly going back to the same old songs over and over, ok its great to hear one world, adi and imitation but the rest we are (well i am) sick of, the whole ATL and some anthems is just taking the easy way out, im not looking for a load of bush tracks in the set but 2 or 3 would make a nice change, they had a great mix during the bush era (im not knocking joey, hes my fav vocalist) so i dont see why they cant do something like that nowadays, a bit more adventure is needed....just my opinion

Totally agree with that, i just dont see the point of constantly going back to the same old songs over and over, ok its great to hear one world, adi and imitation but the rest we are (well i am) sick of, the whole ATL and some anthems is just taking the easy way out, im not looking for a load of bush tracks in the set but 2 or 3 would make a nice change, they had a great mix during the bush era (im not knocking joey, hes my fav vocalist) so i dont see why they cant do something like that nowadays, a bit more adventure is needed....just my opinion

I've been saying this for years.............you will always need some classics in there because even more people would complain, but 3 or 4 of the very besy "Bush Era" tracks would not go astray.

What makes you think he comes back in the first place? I seriously hope he stays away from Anthrax for the rest of his life.

1. I think it's safe to say that Dan is never coming back. At least not as a permanent member.

2. I'd love to see them mix up the setlist just as much as we all do, but unfortunately they've got to somewhat cater to casual fans, so there is no way they will ever not play Caught in A Mosh and such again.

I don't care to ever hear any Bush era material. I saw joey do Only in San Diego, he sounded good but the audience just stood there. But they must start playing at least 4 songs from POT besides Got the Time. Time, discharge, One Man Stands, Keep it in the family, intro to reality, belly of the beast...those songs all rule

How about some stuff from killer bs like Milk or Parasite. Those are kick ass covers

Plenty of Joey era stuff to go around

Spitz is never coming back. Jesus told me so. It's not His plan.

Joey doesn't want to sign Bush songs. He has said this in interviews. End of story.

My opinion: drop "Antisocial" and "Got the Time." Replace them with something from SoE or PoT. But as long as people still go nuts to those songs, people will still play them. Sad but true.

Spitz is never coming back. Jesus told me so. It's not His plan.

Joey doesn't want to sign Bush songs. He has said this in interviews. End of story.

My opinion: drop "Antisocial" and "Got the Time." Replace them with something from SoE or PoT. But as long as people still go nuts to those songs, people will still play them. Sad but true.

Antisocial is a great song live, I highly doubt they're gonna drop it.

Dan couldn't even finish the short run of Red Lamb dates, probably because of issues with his twin boys. There is no chance of him coming back to 'Thrax.

I'd love to see the set list varied, replace Got the Time with Gung Ho and Anti Social with........anything!

I'd love to hear them rip up Pipeline on stage.

I agree guys - bored of the usual live set.

Started cranking WM again after a couple of months hiatus. So many brilliant songs on that album that should be played live.

Also I think the Bush era albums deserve some live recognition. So many great songs of that era that I am sure Joey can do justice too.

Also I think the Bush era albums deserve some live recognition. So many great songs of that era that I am sure Joey can do justice too.

What songs from that era are great? There are some good songs on SOWN but not much else.

Potters Field, Only, Room for One More, Packaged Rebellion, 1000 Points of Hate, King Size, In a Zone, Tester, Crush, Catharsis, What Doesn't Die, Nobody Knows Anything...

... obviously just my opinion, but all great songs that could easily squeeze into an Anthrax set list.

But even with a Bush-era-free set list, there's so many great songs from SoE and PoT that could mix things up.

Overall I've lost interest in Anthrax due to them being so boring (soap-opera-antics aside).

Agree, they need a set list refresh

My point exactly, they have a huge collection to choose from, not only from the bush era, what about now its dark, finale, time, make me laugh, stuff like that, ive bootlegs from 80s and 90s with this stuff it and its fantastic. mix in a couple of bush tracks and a few classics with WM and thats the kinda setlist we are lookin for, just something different for f**s sake

Dream on guys. It's not gonna happen. Never. Anthrax will go through the same old songs over and over till they're done.

While I agree with you and share the thoughts, at this stage I'm just glad to have Anthrax around still and playing great shows.