Charlies best Album(drummingly of course)

Listen to Milk by S.O.D., not the Anthrax version, the S.O.D. version, and then ask yourself if anyone else was doing anything remotely like the stuff he does in there.

ontherocks82 said:
Listen to Milk by S.O.D., not the Anthrax version, the S.O.D. version, and then ask yourself if anyone else was doing anything remotely like the stuff he does in there.

i know some other bands were doing blast beat,not sure if they were doing it like charlie was or hitting the drums as hard as charlie was lol,we need a drummers help here.

mrthrax said:
i know some other bands were doing blast beat,not sure if they were doing it like charlie was or hitting the drums as hard as charlie was lol,we need a drummers help here.
Napalm Death were starting out in the mid 80s, don't know if Mick was doing blast beats per se...I've never heard Scum.

Charlie did not create the blast beat. He is the first I heard use it in the form as we know it today though.

The oldest footage I have ever seen with blast beats was some Live Black Sabbath video from somewhere in the 70's. Believe it or not, Bill Ward is using a blast beat. It is not as refined or clean as we know them now, but it is a blast beat.

Thrillho said:
Charlie did not create the blast beat. He is the first I heard use it in the form as we know it today though.

The oldest footage I have ever seen with blast beats was some Live Black Sabbath video from somewhere in the 70's. Believe it or not, Bill Ward is using a blast beat. It is not as refined or clean as we know them now, but it is a blast beat.

Yeah, but Charlie was the first to use it that heavely, but you try making up better drumming to some of Scott's riffs without using a blast beat.

hahaha. I don't even know if you can really call Milk a blast beat. Don't get me wrong, it is crazy as shit, but, it's so......... all over the place, as far as the timing goes. Whatever, I think Charlie is one of the most under-rated drummers out there. A technical genius on the kit.

Thrillho said:
hahaha. I don't even know if you can really call Milk a blast beat. Don't get me wrong, it is crazy as shit, but, it's so......... all over the place, as far as the timing goes. Whatever, I think Charlie is one of the most under-rated drummers out there. A technical genius on the kit.

Oh yeah he definetly influinced me the most. I know like every Thrax song on drums. Milk is the hardest and most tiring beat I've ever heard in my fucking life.

Charlie is better then all of them. Lars, Nick Menza, and he might even have Davie Lambardo by a little bit.(I know I've posted a Charlie VS. Dave thread twice).

If you want mind blowing blast beats, derek roddey. Death metals best drummer. Google him - assuming I am spelling that right, and I probably did not, I know he has his own website with some videos of him destroying a kit.

Thrillho said:

The album version (S.O.D.) is crazy, but if u listen or look at the budokan show from 91(??) it sure is a real blast beat.

yeah, live and the killer b's he did a more standard beat. The album version was just......... i don't even know like triplet blast beat slop. I mean that as a compliment, it was crazy.

johnnieCzech said:
D.R.I. were the first to use blast beat as far as I know.

:worship: :worship:

Damn, I was gonna say that!!!!

Just listen to "Who Am I?" off the Dity Rotten LP, kids! Blastbeat-o-rama!!!

Shit did I just say "blastbeat-o-rama"?????:ill:
I suck