Sigh - Imaginary Sonicscape

J.

Old Fart
Jul 24, 2001
The Woodlands
I, for the life of me, cannot get into this album. I love everything the band has done previously, especially Infidel Art, HHH, and GFT. I even like Scorn Defeat (with my Deathlike Silence version :oops: ) and Scenario IV. But IS just doesn't do anything for me, and it pisses me off. I'll keep trying, but this prog bullshit infecting metal has got to stop. :p

I really enjoy this album thoroughly. I don't really listen to prog either. I think maybe you have to get the right frame of mind, like lots of drugs perhaps?

I adore this album, it's so catchy and fun!! The riff's scream heavy metal, the keyboards fun, and solos are great. (the first 2 songs indeed rock but Some of the tracks in the middle of the album are also so great and trippy ie sunset song, dreamsphere ,estatic tranformation) How could you not like these songs !?! :D

Yes, it's not like their old stuff with a darker tinge, but to me it's the perfect combination of good olld catchy metal with prog keys and weirdness.
Maybe you do need alot of drugs! (i heard the band was into shrooms during the recording :loco:) Great album......sigh rules.

The album is fucked up. I hate prog, but there is something quite warped about going from black metal blasting to Ennio Morricone to lounge jazz to Japanese pop punk. And that's all in one song!!

Imaginary Sonicscape is the epitome of Japanese culture and their obsession with the west. It's essentially "black metropolis metal", just as Weakling and Ludicra are, but of course, 101% more warped. It is fucking Madam Butterfly getting anally fucked by Necrophagia.

Yeah, it seems the first two songs are the best, according to a bunch of people. I always turn the disc off after those two.

horror metal sigh>>>>prog sigh

I'm one of those who love this album, which I see as more black metal soaked in brown acid or the aural equivalent of watching Japanese theater on mushrooms than any sort of progressive metal, as Spikes pointed out it's very enjoyable for an album that revels in being insanely diverse and defying description.

JayKeeley said:
The album is fucked up. I hate prog, but there is something quite warped about going from black metal blasting to Ennio Morricone to lounge jazz to Japanese pop punk. And that's all in one song!!

Imaginary Sonicscape is the epitome of Japanese culture and their obsession with the west. It's essentially "black metropolis metal", just as Weakling and Ludicra are, but of course, 101% more warped. It is fucking Madam Butterfly getting anally fucked by Necrophagia.