<sigh>

I miss the great articles about orthodoxy in metal. I'm sorry so much of the site had a leftist spin, but no one's perfect.

I think it's a good thing mr Raggi has apparently realized he shouldn't be writing about music. With all due respect, half the time he really doesn't know what he's on about. So thank you mr Raggi for sticking to the role playing whatchamacallit and leaving the music commentary to more knowledgeable people.

There is definitely still a void left by the disappearance of LotFP. It just had the right sort of feel and tone to it for me. I didn't agree with everything nor did I hold it to be infallible, but it was always a really good read.

There's an issue from 2003 of this on the shelf at my local shop. It's pretty cheap - I think 3 bucks - so I might grab it just to grab it.

Ha! I just got done reading a bunch of reviews of the new Sigh album, just decided to pop in here to look for activity.... and the there is one topic... Sigh! Got all excited for nothing. :bah:

I think it's a good thing mr Raggi has apparently realized he shouldn't be writing about music. With all due respect, half the time he really doesn't know what he's on about. So thank you mr Raggi for sticking to the role playing whatchamacallit and leaving the music commentary to more knowledgeable people.

Jim Raggi's writings have turned me on to more cool bands/albums than anyone else. His writing was just fine, and his ability to filter out the good stuff from the crap was better than anyone else in the scene.

Jim Raggi's writings have turned me on to more cool bands/albums than anyone else. His writing was just fine, and his ability to filter out the good stuff from the crap was better than anyone else in the scene.
Sure, the man can form a sentence, and he knows some pretty cool bands. If he would have stuck to just reviewing and recommending bands... Unfortunately the man also considered himself somewhat of a heavy metal music historian and under that guise spouted some of the silliest, most inane cock and bull I've ever had the misfortune to read. He really shouldn't have done that, I think it did LOTFP (in itself an interesting mag) more harm than good by turning it into a laughing stock. In writing, stick to what you know and don't make shit up. The man doesn't know shit about music in general, purists seldom do. I'm glad he finally realised that.

In that light, his recent praise for silly novelty act Ghost did make me laugh. Again :D

But all things being fair, he did introduce me to Hammers of Misfortune.