Signal Chain for PODxt Pro in live situation.

Grave Desire

Mar 10, 2005
Pittsburgh, PA
Hey guys, Tonight I'm filling in for a band who wants me to use the actual guitar players PODxt Pro. I was just going to run it into the effects loop so I could bypass my 5150's pre amp. But I remember a thread a while ago where a few of you said you found better results running the POD straight into the amplifier(something along the lines of better string definition..etc.)? Any reponses should help. I really don't want to use it but a gig's a gig.

thanks in advance,

-Dave

Well my 1st question is do they know anything about guitar tone. Or are they just asking you to use it cause they THINK it makes everything sound better. I would relay the message to them that your 5150 will destroy the XT with pure tube tone. A/B it for them so they hear it ... i mean if they want you to run it for things like chorus and shit or for clean ... thats one thing. But running the entire thing through your 5150 is overkill in my opinion.

Trust me I've told them time and time again that the 5150 would be much better live. But the other guitar player uses a PODxt and they want me to use the same patch for the distortion and stuff so we match together. I don't know they are definately space truckin'. But regardless i'm going to have to use it so I want it to sound the best it can.

Grave Desire said:
Trust me I've told them time and time again that the 5150 would be much better live. But the other guitar player uses a PODxt and they want me to use the same patch for the distortion and stuff so we match together. I don't know they are definately space truckin'. But regardless i'm going to have to use it so I want it to sound the best it can.

Only time Ive heard a POD XT sound good live was when used with another power amp, they just dont hold up on thier own in live situations IMO. They break up with cranked to loud.