• Yes.

Votes: 7 21.2%
  • No.

Votes: 19 57.6%
  • Haven't seen it, but probably.

Votes: 7 21.2%

• Total voters
Bleakest Harvest said:
Ditto for all those 'teen horror' flicks. Absolute bollocks. This includes Scream, Urban Legends and the rest of 'em. Only stupid pricks find them scary.

The original Scream was a great innovator and had an energy and originality to it. The sad thing is that it paved way for all of the rest of the shit-arsed 'teen-horror' movies, but the original Scream itself, I feel, is free of blame because it really was original and clever in its pop-culture references.

The original Scream was a great innovator and had an energy and originality to it. The sad thing is that it paved way for all of the rest of the shit-arsed 'teen-horror' movies, but the original Scream itself, I feel, is free of blame because it really was original and clever in its pop-culture references.

Maybe so. But the thing is, it was supposed to be a *horror* movie., and it was about as scary as an episode of Pokemon (which, come to think of it, is quite scary :p )

Bleakest Harvest said:
Maybe so. But the thing is, it was supposed to be a *horror* movie., and it was about as scary as an episode of Pokemon (which, come to think of it, is quite scary :p )

It was actually a moderately subtle parody of the horror genre.

It was actually a moderately subtle parody of the horror genre.

Bah, quit having answers! :p
Ok you win, maybe it wasn't so bad, but I still distinctly going to the cinema thinking I was going to see a 'scary' film. And thus, I was disappointed. So there :)

Well, okay. This is what I think.

The ending of Signs means one of three things.

1) Cheesy as fucking hell.

2) The director is getting very, very, lazy..

3) Or..with all of the extreme coincidences and such at the end of the movie, maybe the director is saying that in order for Graham's god to exist, we'd have to live in a world THAT ridiculous. And we don't.

I dunno. :p Or maybe I'm full of shit.

Well, I thought the movie was pretty good myself. I mean, plot aside (which is what most people seem to have a problem with, that and the strange misconception that its supposed to be "horror" or "scary") I thought dialogue and acting were both done incredibly well.

@Speedkill: WTF???!?!?!?! TERMINATOR 2? FUCK, man, that movie KICKS ASS. Easily one of my favorite movies of all time.

I thought Signs was great. If thought provoking films bother you, go watch Romy and Michelle's High School Reunion.

Reactions: NAD
Signs provokes plenty of thoughts. Thoughts like:

Why would aliens try to take over a planet mostly composed of water?
Why would aliens attack some random house in the middle of nowhere?
How can a race capable of long distance space travel be so hopeless when faced with boarded up windows and doors?
Why are decent actors like Mel Gibson and Joaquin Phoenix in it?
What was the point of this movie?
How can people actually enjoy sitting through this?
How did this movie get so much hype, and even the funding to get made?

:D

Reactions: Speedkill
I really liked Signs, although Maddox's's's take on it is hilarious.

Spiderman is the worst movie I have ever seen. Awful story, awful acting (except Willem Dafoe who always kicks ass), and AWFUL special effects! Pure 80s quality right there, Conan the Barbarian did a better job and that was 20 years ago. Even Conan the DESTROYER was more convincing.

I saw Signs, but I can't really remember much of it - which says a lot about its quality...
The worst movies that actually tried hard to be good are all those comic adaptions (Batman Whatever, Spider-Man... X-Men was bearable)

At least spiderman and X-men was what it was, and never admitted to being more.

A movie verson of a comic book, just entertaining action.

Signs was a mediocre movie that tried ssooooo hard to be deep, insightful, and all that jazz. All it did was re-affirm that "God works in mysterious ways... DONT DOUBT HIM!!!1111" This is a totally killer plot and very deep for christians.

"Bat away (whatever his name was)"

HORRIBLE