Silent Hill 5

ps3 for the suck

Errr, don't say that. Man, what the heck is up with all the anti-PS3 statements surfacing all over the net? I think i'm one of the few and only around that have no problem about the price - if only people would realize how inexpensive the PS3 truly is. Even still, I'm not buying one until FFXIII and MGS4 come out.

As for Silent Hill 5 - I'm only AWAITING a full announcement from Konami for this game. I once heard though that you'll be playing a character that is locked up in some mental institution. I CANNOT wait until THIS game puts Gears of War's graphics (on 360) to utter shame with its lighting and shadows, haha. SH is king as far as graphics go and one can only imagine how it'd look like on a PS3. I think I'll flip out.

So yeah, things will start to pick up for the PS3 sooner or later and people WILL realize they'll NEED one once the first A-quality game comes out for the system, which will be Heavenly Sword, I'm sure of it. Then, when games like Devil May Cry 4, Silent Hill 5, Resident Evil 5, Metal Gear Solid 4, Tekken 6, God of War 3, New Ico/Shadow of the Colossus game (one can only imagine what this team will be capable of on PS3), Gran Turismo 5 (next?), Twisted Metal (next?) and Final Fantasy XIII arrive for the system, PS3 will be a sure-fire hit. It's inevitable...it will happen. Just because it's expensive does not ensure its downfall, mark my word.

But of course, not one single console sucks this year. Every each one has its good and bad side. I just so happen to be a PS-gamer as I have been used to the brilliant controller for the past 2 generations already. I can't decline now. There are over 100 million PS2 owners worldwide - that's oughta count for something.

**end of rant, lol*

I don't have time for much tech talk but there is so many problems with ps3 it's not even funny. ps3 has higher poly count but xbox is capable of better textures, which textures is what counts because high polies will look like glossy boxes. It's easier to develop for xbox360 so that means better ports and games. i heard the games are taking up 5 gigs right now to save on the ps3, can you say crap. :err: The multi processors can work independently on the 360 but not the ps3, which means smarter ai. sure the ps3 has the mgs4 and dmc4 and even gow3 but it's not worth buying a system that is no were near as good as xbox360 plus the xbox has it's own games. I loved my ps2 and xbox was meh but this time is definitely the other way around. don't waste your money on a expensive doorstopper. sony gives two shits about the gamers themselves, they constantly release system that will shit out within months(sure xbox does it too but no where near as bad as sony is doing with the ps3) and look as the psp they fucked the people who payed the high price to buy one of those and pretty much gave up on the thing. Go to best buy they freeze every 15 minutes. anyone with half a braincell can see a 360(which is better in my humble opinion alone) plus the wii(which i heard is the shiznat) for the same price as a ps3 is the only way to go.

Silent Hill is my favorite series. I just bought the PS2 last year and bought all four games and solved them. But I think I'll hold off on paying $650 just to play the new one. And by "hold off" I mean "never".

-Vince

N.P. Malevolent Playstation - Slaughter of Innocence

aargh, I'll just simply state that graphics aren't everything. Last generation, PS2 won the war - and by QUITE the margin I may add. And it had the worst graphics of the three. I guess time will tell which console the majority of consumers will choose.

Anyway, MGS4 is still the most graphically impressive game I have seen thus far on any system.

mgs4 is gonna rock no doubt.. but is that worthing buying a system for? I know graphic aren't everything and that's what nintendo is betting on, not sony. sony got the jump last time around by a year but this time it's 360, but the thing is sony has always been a developers nightmare and it didn't get the jump this time. so far nintendo is pretty right, 360>wii>>>ps3

PS3 with no purchased and used good at that moment main processor, weaker then first enemy in fact "Xbox 360", maybe getting stronger later when lead programmers from EA, Konami, Capcom, Midway learn some rules for work with this console.
Xbox 360 now have a great chance without a strong opponents get great experience and take the leaders positions, become of one monopolist's on videogames markets. Also Microsoft have perfect back and new catalogue in battle between consoles, after several times: Halo 3, Fable 2, Alan Wake and current Gears of War.

Who wins in this battle of titans, we knows as soon as possible!

Japanese Magazine Famitsu interview Akira Yamaoka on Silent Hill 5
Akira Yamaoka was recently interviewed by Japanese Magazine Famitsu. The interview asked main about Silent Hill 5 and Silent Hill: Origins. I dont have the scan but here is the interview roughly (badly) translated:

FM: Hello Akira Yamaoka and thank you for reporting to us on Silent Hill series. Our number one question is that on Silent Hill 5. How far has the production come along as it was announced a few years ago.

Akira: I cannot say much about the development of the game but i can say we are working on a new unique idea of fear in daylight and the game will play like Silent Hill 2's psychological roots.

FM: As the famous silent hill composer, will you be doing the music for Silent Hill 5?

Akira: I will be composing the music which has started being made now, but i am a far from finished. I cannot say anything about the music or the type im making but i can say that fans of the previous soundtracks should be pleased with its outcome.

FM: Alot of speculation has been made about the platform the game will play on, which can we expect?

Akira: We cannot say yet but we are hoping to carry on the plans of the earlier silent hill platforms.

FM: You earlier mentioned the concept of "scary daytime" can you expand on that?

Akira: Its a hard idea to explain, but you really have to look at the scene to understand. In a way like the Resident Evil 5 trailer where it was not the middle of the night and the vision was clear but the fear was still there. It will not be the same but that is an explanation of the idea of having fear in daylight. It is a concept that we are working on at the moment still.

FM: We have missed the Tokyo Game show chance to see silent hill 5 trailer, will we see any new informations on it next?

Akira: I cannot say when or where we will make the idea public but it is in production.

FM: Silent Hill for Playstation portable is on the schedule for opening in Q1 2007 has team silent been taking up time working on the portable project which is why we do not see silent hill 5 in the public?

Akira: Team Silent are working on the Japan project and are not involved in Silent Hill: Origins. I have composed the 15 musical, 4 vocal tracks for the game which is now completed.

FM: Thank you for this interview Akira Yamaoka, we cannot wait to speak again.