Silvery Image thoughts...

Waterburns, and I See both constantly fight for my top song.

Waterburns is just amazingly well written, everything about it rocks. I See has the same thing pretty much.. I dunno. I can't entirely explain why they're so good, but I just love hearing them. It gets me in a good mood.

After I saw you guys live last year, Apex went up really high too, because the band went all improv for a couple minutes while you went to go get a bottle of water, haha. That was an awesome little jam thing.

I would probably have to go with The Breath of Gloria, mostly because it's more outside the box.

But April in the Fall was what hooked me at first, I just can't wait to get it on the album.

Waterburns, and I See both constantly fight for my top song.

Waterburns is just amazingly well written, everything about it rocks. I See has the same thing pretty much.. I dunno. I can't entirely explain why they're so good, but I just love hearing them. It gets me in a good mood.

After I saw you guys live last year, Apex went up really high too, because the band went all improv for a couple minutes while you went to go get a bottle of water, haha. That was an awesome little jam thing.

Apex is definitely my favorite to play now, just because of what you said, the little jam thing. We've been taking it out more and more with each show, and I love that. When we play Apex I feel like I'm really playing music; it's so much more free.

It's interesting that you mention both I See and Waterburns as your favorite, since they were both written in Jully of 1999 for my old band, Entity. Then Waterburns had some revisions a few years later, and then again before it was recorded; it was originally only about four and half minutes long. I See is pretty much the same as it was, save for the vocal melody and obviously, the lyrics.

Interesting. It figures I like the oldest stuff.

But really, I'm most excited about your new album. Subliminal Delusions just like, I dunno. I couldn't stop smiling after I heard it. I just had a big "FUCK YEAH" kinda thing in my head when it was done. It's easily my favorite song by you guys and I'm hoping the rest of the album hits me like that did. April In The Fall was a lot like that too..

i'm definitely most fond of Father of Hate and I See. everything about the first song is 10/10, but there's something really unique in I See that makes me want to sing out as loud as i possibly can.

which i can't really do because i'm limited by being a bass vocalist, so i respond to the song in a wimpy falsetto.

damn your vocal chords, clay. :(

I've listened to The Silvery Image so many times and my favorites have varied over time and depending on the situation. But primarily:

When I was working, and prior to an important conference call, I would take a few minutes and get myself really stoked by listening to "Distant Skies," especially the last 2 minutes or so.

When I'm down, I love to hear "I See." I love the part where Clay moves from what I would call a throaty growl into his normal singing voice. No matter how down I am, it seems to feel like I can get through whatever it is that's bothering me by listening to that song.

But my favorite has to be "The Breath of Gloria." The first time I heard it, it brought tears to my eyes. I know ... call me an old wimp, I don't care ... because I love that song.

I've listened to The Silvery Image so many times and my favorites have varied over time and depending on the situation. But primarily:

When I was working, and prior to an important conference call, I would take a few minutes and get myself really stoked by listening to "Distant Skies," especially the last 2 minutes or so.

When I'm down, I love to hear "I See." I love the part where Clay moves from what I would call a throaty growl into his normal singing voice. No matter how down I am, it seems to feel like I can get through whatever it is that's bothering me by listening to that song.

But my favorite has to be "The Breath of Gloria." The first time I heard it, it brought tears to my eyes. I know ... call me an old wimp, I don't care ... because I love that song.

You ARE an old wimp...can't wait till everyone is in Chicago. I was talking to Van Hise last night and realized it's only two months away. That is crazy talk...

i'm definitely most fond of Father of Hate and I See. everything about the first song is 10/10, but there's something really unique in I See that makes me want to sing out as loud as i possibly can.

which i can't really do because i'm limited by being a bass vocalist, so i respond to the song in a wimpy falsetto.

damn your vocal chords, clay. :(

I was a bass in high school...I guess mostly because MEN were lacking in my high school choir. They had to deal with what they had. However, keep trying to reach those notes because I couldn't do what I do now at that time. A couple years of college choir really brought out my range. I thank Dr. Batey for that!

Time to resurrect this old thread.

I think my favorites are Father of Hate, Distant Skie, and Last of the Survivors. Those are the 3 I tend to gravitate towards the most. I See, Waterburns, and Apex are in the next group - maybe City Under Sands, too.

Dammit, the whole thing rocks. I really got blind-sided by this album. Was not expecting to enjoy it so much. From start to finish there is so much going on, so much to enjoy, so much to discover with each listen. Excellent album, which is unfortunate because I still have not fully digested A Great Divide. That'll probably happen in 3-4 months when I have exhausted The Silvery Image. And by that time a new CD might be on the way, too.....

:)