Similar to Dragonforce?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Papasmurf89

New Metal Member
Dec 9, 2004
Hey guys,

My friends really like Dragonforce and I was looking for some bands similar to them. Any ideas?

Thanks.

There are no bands that sound like Dragonforce, the bands up there are just in the same genre as Dragonforce is in. Sorry Papasmurf. Dragonforce is one of a fucking kind!!! And oh yea I love Dragonforce a lot also, one of my top 10 fave bands.

Authentic Metalhead said:
Edguy and Symphony X, for starters.

Symphony X is not like DF, they can actually write songs, and Smphony X are not power metal. Cellador is the closest thing I know of to DF and Cellador is 103443201 times better.

Blue_Jay said:
There are no bands that sound like Dragonforce, the bands up there are just in the same genre as Dragonforce is in. Sorry Papasmurf. Dragonforce is one of a fucking kind!!! And oh yea I love Dragonforce a lot also, one of my top 10 fave bands.

I don't know about this comment. When I first listened to Dragonforce, during my power metal binge, I instantly knew I had heard it before. They don't bring anything new to the slate at all. I recommend listening to all the mentioned bands above. Especially Helloween and Gamma Ray.

The Bringer said:
I don't know about this comment. When I first listened to Dragonforce, during my power metal binge, I instantly knew I had heard it before. They don't bring anything new to the slate at all. I recommend listening to all the mentioned bands above. Especially Helloween and Gamma Ray.

It's pretty much the same to everything else, except it's 2X faster with inferior song writing.

Dragonforce will always be a unique power metal band unless someone actually plays faster than them. Until then no band will compare to Dragonforce cause the speed is the major attribute that allows people to like Dragonforce. Also the heavyness might be a factor also. But anyways... my two cents of why I think Dragonforce is unique.

Blue_Jay what do you mean when you say "heavy"? because if you mean a hard angry sound, and Thrash or Death and i'm sure theres a huge list of bands who have more "Heavy" sound.

Dragonforce do have the speed. but thats all and it gets very fucking boring.

Now im not much of a Power Metal fan but i think Stratovarius somewhat what Dragoneforce do, just a hole lot better.

All of Dragonforce's fans will probably be listening to hip-hop in a few years, or whatever other genres they can enjoy without really listening. Once the novelty of the speed and catchy (but undeveloped) melodies has worn off they'll find there is simply nothing underneath - which, come to think of it, wouldn't bother most people anyway. Probably why DF is so popular.

Status
Not open for further replies.