Simone/Epica

rms

Dec 14, 2006
Buffalo, New York
Dear Epica fans,

Since a couple of months I have been struggling with infections and had surgery many times. The doctors didn’t know what was wrong with me.
After a lot of tests at the hospital they found out that I am infected with MRSA, also known as the hospital bacteria. The treatment of this bacteria comes with a strict hygienic schedule that I have to work through every day. Because of this I will not be
able to go on long trips let alone live on a tour bus.
Therefore we are forced to cancel most of our shows in February. The shows on the 22nd and 23rd in Lille and Vosselaar we will still do since they are independent shows and very close by. We cannot plan too far ahead since I first have to get rid of the infection and that will take some time. How long it will take we cannot tell at the moment.

We are very sorry that we cannot do these shows. We were all looking forward to this tour and to meet you guys. What I have to focus on now is getting well, so that
we will be on the road again as soon as possible. Please check out our site every once in a while for more information on this matter.

Simone and Epica

Good luck to her getting healthy

Hope Simone gets better soon as MRSA is some serious shit. It is basically a antibotic resistant Staph bacteria. This can be treated, but it may take a long time.

I for one hope that they don't have to cancel their US tour with Symphony X.

I hope they don't have to cancel any shows. Obviously health comes first, and I sincerely hope she manages to get better quickly, for her own piece of mind rather than my missing any tour. Being sick sucks. :<

What is this with ailing frontpeople? First King Diamond, and now Simone? The sad part of this is that they may have to cancel the US tour. Her health comes first, and I rather see a healthy Simone than a sick one.

I sure hope they do. Of course i hope she gets healthy because being sick really sucks, especially when it prevents you from doing what you need to do. But i'd rather see someone else open the show.

I agree. However if they do cancel they probably won't get a new opener.

Well, despite her 'illness' she gave a great show tonight here in Holland.

To make it even a bit harder for her, they had a special pyro show tonight. With all the smoke i bet it wasn't easy to sing on stage, but she managed very well.

Hopefully she will be able to perform on a regular basis very soon again, but it was great they didn't cancel tonights gig.

_DSC0514.jpg

The new camera worked very well :) - the rest will be up in 1 or 2 weeks.

Well, despite her 'illness' she gave a great show tonight here in Holland.

To make it even a bit harder for her, they had a special pyro show tonight. With all the smoke i bet it wasn't easy to sing on stage, but she managed very well.

Hopefully she will be able to perform on a regular basis very soon again, but it was great they didn't cancel tonights gig.

_DSC0514.jpg

The new camera worked very well :) - the rest will be up in 1 or 2 weeks.

Ahh, I demand the other pics NOW! Not later! :lol: Nice shot. I hope Simone gets well soon, and hope to see Epica eventually (since it seems I'll probably have to miss them on the Symphony X tour if they don't drop off).